Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnB123456
    • By JohnB123456 11th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JohnB123456
    White meter (London) electricity suppliers
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    White meter (London) electricity suppliers 11th Apr 18 at 1:26 PM
    We have have an ex-SeeBoard white meter, as supplied across London. Its a dual tariff meter, but unlike Economy 7, the night window is 9 hours, not 7, very useful for our storage radiators.

I've grown to hate EDF, but its hard to find companies that accept white meters, and those that do assume its the Scottish version. Can anyone recommend a supply company that does?
Page 1
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 11th Apr 18, 1:33 PM
    • 1,129 Posts
    • 978 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:33 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:33 PM
    Not sure of the products and again I have never heard of WM out of scotland. But suppliers only have to accept single erate or e7 meters. (and now maybe e10 meters billed as e7 but replaced with e7 if the meter breaks).

So you are on a legacy tarrif and only have the area default (SEEB?) and if you go elsewhere SEEB do not have to accept you back.

So... Do not move unless you want to change to e7.
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 11th Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    • 1,350 Posts
    • 1,137 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:04 PM
    your Eco 9 tariff is costing you ! when an Eco 7 tariff could elevate you into the cheapest electricity in the UK using the best Eco 7 tariffs available.
    Hopefully Iresa Energy will return soon with their 11.5 p/kwh day and 8p /kwh night plus 21p daily standing charge( South Yorks area rates ) .Other suppliers are little more expensive but only by 1p /kwh
    The best single rate tariffs can t match that.
    I would take Carrot007s advice re Eco 7 and PaschalFun s advice on an Eco 7 conversion and EDF would be the supplier most likely to do it free..
    Losing 2 hrs off the cheap night rate is nt that vital in the warmer South East as it is up there in the frozen North of Scotland where Eco 10 is common and needed.
    Last edited by House Martin; 11-04-2018 at 9:22 PM.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 11th Apr 18, 2:16 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:16 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:16 PM
    We have have an ex-SeeBoard white meter, as supplied across London. Its a dual tariff meter, but unlike Economy 7, the night window is 9 hours, not 7, very useful for our storage radiators.

I've grown to hate EDF, but its hard to find companies that accept white meters, and those that do assume its the Scottish version. Can anyone recommend a supply company that does?
    Originally posted by JohnB123456
    I am so glad you have found it hard to find any other supplier willing to take you on with your current meter.

You see, only the legacy supplier is obligated to support it ... and as a result, no one else will (should) touch it.

It's sad to hear to have grown to hate EDF.
    Your only option is to learn to love EDF again (and then possibly discuss with them about changing your metering, and what that will entail with regards to your property)
    Or if you rent - move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,297Posts Today

8,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin