Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Davethor
    • By Davethor 11th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Davethor
    Help Needed debt recovery parking fine
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    Help Needed debt recovery parking fine 11th Apr 18 at 1:13 PM
    I have received a parking fine from NPS.
    When I purchased my ticket the machine rejected some of my coins and I ended up by purchasing 2 tickets 1 for 2 hours and 1 for an hour so paying for 3 hours parking, both tickets were displayed there was a 4 minute gap between the tickets.
    however after the 2 hours I received a parking fine, I tried the appeal process which was rejected.
    I was planning on allowing this to go to court.
    today I received a letter from a debt recovery company who have now added 60.00 to the parking fine, I was under the impression that no further charges could be incurred is this allowable
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 9,994 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:46 PM
    I have received a parking fine from NPS.
    When I purchased my ticket the machine rejected some of my coins and I ended up by purchasing 2 tickets 1 for 2 hours and 1 for an hour so paying for 3 hours parking, both tickets were displayed there was a 4 minute gap between the tickets.
    however after the 2 hours I received a parking fine, I tried the appeal process which was rejected.
    I was planning on allowing this to go to court.
    today I received a letter from a debt recovery company who have now added 60.00 to the parking fine, I was under the impression that no further charges could be incurred is this allowable
    Originally posted by Davethor
    Assume it is DRP or one of their idiot companies

Debt collectors in the parking industry are just
    timewasters so do not get involved or contact this
    low grade sewer life, nothing they can do anyway
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 11th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    • 8,615 Posts
    • 8,945 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:49 PM
    Please read post four of the Newbies Sticky - It covers debt collectors in their entirety.

The rest of the thread will inform you properly about private parking and what to do about any future tickets - Which are not any kind of "fines"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,648Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin