Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wilku
    • By Wilku 11th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wilku
    Vcs airport ticket
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:57 PM
    Vcs airport ticket 11th Apr 18 at 12:57 PM
    Hello everyone...

I want to describe my problem. First I am sorry If I am posting subject which has been answered previously but I really want to know your opinion about this.
    So my story is this:
    I stopped near airports roundabout where stopping is prohibited sign, because several lamps at my driver dashboard set off and I got little panicked so I stopped as soon as I left roundabout.
    After five days I received 100 $ ticket with option pay only 60$ when I will do it before 14 days.
    I wrote appeal from myparkingcharge website but it was denied.I also made mistake that I have told true that I was driver.
    Here is the full response letter from VCS

Re: Parking Charge Notice Number VCxxxxx (Vehicle: xxxxxx)
    Site: Liverpool John Lennon Airport
    Issue date: xx/xx/20xx
    We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice (CN) received on xx/xx/20xx.
    Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our
    main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:
    The signs at the entrance to the Liverpool John Lennon Airport and the access roads within, clearly state "No
    Stopping", giving clear notice that the land is private property and that a Charge of 100 will be levied if vehicles do
    stop. The above detailed vehicle stopped in a zone where stopping is prohibited and the driver became liable to pay
    that Charge.
    In your appeal you have confirmed to us that on the date in question, you stopped your vehicle on the access road,
    which is an area where stopping is not permitted.
    We note your comment that you had a problem with your vehicle and stopped to investigate; however as stated, the
    signs near to the location you stopped clearly stated "No Stopping" and warned that if you did so, you were liable for
    the Charge displayed.
    There are more than 70 high profile signs advising drivers not to stop and warning that if a driver does stop, a charge
    of 100 is payable. The signs exceed recognised industry standards, with some as large as 2m by 1.1m (6ft 6in by
    3ft 7in) which clearly state "No Stopping" alongside the nationally recognised Highway Code symbol for a Clearway
    (No Stopping). Furthermore, the signage on the approach road is reflective and positioned to face oncoming vehicles
    and the text size used is relative to the average approach speed of a vehicle in relation to the speed limit in force at
    that location.
    Signs on site clearly display a Helpline telephone number which is available for use by motorists who have any
    problems or queries in respect of their use of the site. In this case the driver should have called that Helpline so that
    arrangements could be made or advice given in respect of any problem they had.
    We have fully reviewed this case and we are satisfied that the Charge Notice was correctly issued. We are unable to
    accept the mitigating circumstances raised in your representations, your appeal is therefore rejected and the Charge
    will stand; photographic evidence which supports this can be viewed at
    myparkingcharge
    What you should do next - Either:
    1. Pay the Charge Notice (CN): In order to settle the Charge, the payment of 60 to reach us by xx/xx/20xx or
    100 to reach us by xx/xx/20xx must be made. Failure to pay this charge within the stated times, may result in Debt
    Recovery Action being taken and further costs up to an additional 60 being incurred.
    Payments can be made online at myparkingcharge by following the links for "Pay Now", or over the
    phone by calling 0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card.
    OR:
    2. Appeal to the Independent Appeals Services (IAS): If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to
    appeal to the IAS. In order to appeal, the IAS will need the following information (which is also contained in the
    subject header of this correspondence).
    Notice Serial No: VCxxxxxxx
    Vehicle Registration Mark: xxxxxxx
    Appeals must be submitted to the IAS within 21 days of the date of this correspondence. Please visit theias
    for full details on how to submit an appeal online.
    It is important you note that if you do make an appeal to the IAS, the reduced charge offered above will no longer
    apply. You should also be aware that if a payment is made prior to an appeal being made to, or adjudicated by, the
    IAS AND this is accepted as Full and Final settlement against the CN, the appeal will automatically be dismissed and
    the matter will be deemed closed. Should you appeal to the IAS and it is unsuccessful, the full amount outstanding
    (100) against the CN will be pursued.
    It is important we also highlight that no further appeals will be accepted at this office; any such appeal must be
    made to the IAS.
    Please also note that further costs may be incurred should it be necessary for us to subsequently recover any
    outstanding charge using debt recovery and/or court action.

I have read several threads similar to mine but I am not 100 % sure what to do.
    What is your opinion about this case? Is it worth to ignoring this because from informations which I have gathered here I wont do second Appeal in IAS.
    I really appreciate for any help.

Thanks,
    Wilku
    Last edited by Wilku; 11-04-2018 at 3:56 PM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 17,233 Posts
    • 27,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:18 PM
    Your options are simple:

1. Pay up (but no one here would recommend that), or

2. Ignore everything other than a Letter Before Action/Claim issued by VCS (or their Solicitors) or the issue of court papers. Help available here if you receive either.

Please keep reading LJLA threads here and on PePiPoo as time progresses, as there are some LBAs now being issued (they haven't previously) and there is one known case where court proceedings have been issued (but now being dealt with off-forum).

There is also a major, long running PePiPoo thread where poster 'hexaflexagon' is pressing hard on the status of the LJLA byelaws and the whole validity of the VCS operation there. Have a read - long, but essential for you to understand the bigger picture on LJLA cases.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109259
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Wilku
    • By Wilku 11th Apr 18, 2:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wilku
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:40 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:40 PM
    Wow
    Thank you very much @Umkomaas...
    I really appreciate your help. One thing bothers me. What does it mean that LBAs are issued? What exactly does stand for LBA acronym? and when this case in court started. Is it something that happened recently?
    Also, does admitting that I was the driver, puts me in worse position?
    I was appealing through their website myparkingcharge. I also must admit that my nationality is not English so sometimes I got hard time understanding British law language.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Wilku; 11-04-2018 at 2:49 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 6,553 Posts
    • 5,704 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:42 PM
    LBA = Letter Before Action
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 17,233 Posts
    • 27,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    when this case in court started. Is it something that happened recently?
    A couple of months ago. But not actually 'in court' at this stage, just the commencement of action via letters, defence, witness statement, evidence submissions. No court date yet (AFAIAA).

Also, does admitting that I was the driver, puts me in worse position?
    Puts you in a different position, losing you (as the registered keeper) the protection of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, particularly as areas covered by byelaws is 'not relevant land' and a parking company cannot hold a registered keeper liable in such situations.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Wilku
    • By Wilku 11th Apr 18, 3:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wilku
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:04 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:04 PM
    But I have made this admitting that I am a driver not on paper, and I didnt signed anything. It was through some kind of form. Does it matter? Besides I think they can easily prove that I was a driver because I got off the car 10 min before this happen.
    Last edited by Wilku; 11-04-2018 at 3:06 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 17,233 Posts
    • 27,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    You don't need to sign anything when you're splashing the information all over a public forum. Parking companies are not prevented from reading these threads - and they do read them and they take copies of any admissions.

Great care needed not to divulge the driver here, but if you've already done so via a form you've returned to them, then you are where you are.

• Ian011
    • By Ian011 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,155 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 10:43 PM
    Payments can be made online at myparkingcharge by following the links for "Pay Now", or over the phone by calling 0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card.
    Originally posted by Wilku
    Regulations from BIS in place since 13 June 2014 make it illegal for a premium rate 0845 number to be offered for this enquiry. Breaches of the regulations can be reported to the Citizen's Advice national Consumer Helpline on 0345 404 0506.

Advertising a premium rate 0845 number without mentioning the premium rate call charges immediately alongside the number is a breach of the Ofcom regulations in place since 1 July 2015. Breaches of the regulations can be reported to ASA.
    • Wilku
    • By Wilku 13th Apr 18, 1:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wilku
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:16 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 1:16 PM
    wow thank you for such a great spot... I would never come to this by myself...
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Apr 18, 1:20 PM
    • 6,553 Posts
    • 5,704 Thanks
    KeithP
    Don't get too excited by that phone number stuff.

It won't deter the PPC, and it won't win any court case, should it come to that.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Apr 18, 2:30 PM
    • 8,993 Posts
    • 8,653 Thanks
    The Deep
    I suspect that, if this ever got to court, the judge would throw it out sharpish.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 14th Apr 18, 7:01 AM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,155 Thanks
    Ian011
    Don't get too excited by that phone number stuff.

It won't deter the PPC, and it won't win any court case, should it come to that.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Indeed, but a report to the Consumer Helpline should initiate some action from Trading Standards and a report to ASA should bring some further bad publicity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,647Posts Today

8,586Users online

Martin's Twitter