Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrBroccoli
    • By MrBroccoli 11th Apr 18, 11:32 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 2Thanks
    MrBroccoli
    Dulux Trade tinting machines
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:32 AM
    Dulux Trade tinting machines 11th Apr 18 at 11:32 AM
    Hi,

We used a specific colour in the past and need to top it up. There are a number of local companies that offer the dulux mixing service. At wickes the base 2.5L tin was 23 - do you have to pay extra for the colour adding? They lady I spoke to wasn't too sure.

I rang another indie supplier and they quoted at 37 for 2.5L all mixed. I assume all prices will be standardised nationwide / across all suppliers - or is it possible prices are different?

Thanks
Page 1
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 11th Apr 18, 2:23 PM
    • 7,656 Posts
    • 6,220 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:23 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:23 PM
    Make sure you are buying the same product.

Wickes Dulux and Dulux Trade may well be different products.

Trade is very likely to be more expensive as you won't benefit from trader's discount.
    Last edited by daveyjp; 11-04-2018 at 4:10 PM.
    • Furts
    • By Furts 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 4,450 Posts
    • 2,884 Thanks
    Furts
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:33 PM
    I doubt you will get a perfect match, but with a new tin taken from a natural break line like a corner you can give it a try. Matching paints with BS Colour refs should be OK. You would have to ask a Dulux Trade Centre what codes and names are kept from the past for non BS Colours.

Colours have a good margin, and I can understand your 37 price. But with some negotiation this could come down.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,907Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin