Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sutt359
    • By sutt359 11th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sutt359
    Microsoft Surface book Issues
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    Microsoft Surface book Issues 11th Apr 18 at 10:51 AM
    Hi Everyone

I'm having so many issues with Microsoft you wouldn't beleave, and im after some advice.

Surface book was purchased some time in April 2017 by a family member who passed away just before Christmas. (So cant find a retail store/receipt to return) But i did purchase a 4 year extended warranty with Microsoft.

Back in January 2018 the Surface book went wrong so contact Microsoft to get fixed. (This wasn't a issue) They sent me a replacement refurbished device that was also faulty... In the end they sent 4 more replacements all with faults. Then they closed the support request and stopped responding to emails.

I ended up contacting the surface enterprise director for the UK who then passed me onto support in America.

Since then they have sent me a wrong model device, a new surface book which sadly is faulty right out the box.

I've asked for a full refund but been told no as it wasn't purchased from Microsoft directly.
    I'm now at my wits end 4 months later and still no laptop.

Can someone help me.
Page 1
    • almillar
    • By almillar 12th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 7,275 Posts
    • 2,942 Thanks
    almillar
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:30 PM
    Not sure if you know who the retailer actually was, but that's who to start with. Finding the receipt would obviously be useful, but even credit card or bank records showing who it was bought from would count as proof of purchase for the retailer.
    Microsoft can't refund you if you didn't give them the money in the first place!
    • pmartin86
    • By pmartin86 12th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    pmartin86
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 4:54 PM
    What sort of faults are you having? I've always found the surface hardware to be stable, so its possible that someone can help fix the faults for you rather than relying on MS?
    Last edited by pmartin86; 12-04-2018 at 5:14 PM.
    • giraffe69
    • By giraffe69 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 2,319 Posts
    • 2,022 Thanks
    giraffe69
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 5:07 PM
    I've had a Microsoft Surface for a while now. I know all computers can and do go wrong but 7 consecutive machines? What, on earth, is the problem?
    • Debbie Savard
    • By Debbie Savard 12th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 312 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    Debbie Savard
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    Aye, right!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,014Posts Today

6,622Users online

Martin's Twitter