Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Melmarsh71
    • By Melmarsh71 11th Apr 18, 9:40 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Melmarsh71
    Selling my old mobile phone - no payment
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:40 AM
    Selling my old mobile phone - no payment 11th Apr 18 at 9:40 AM
    Has anyone any idea legally where we stand with regards to getting payment for old mobile phones.
    I have a week ago sent my Samsung s7 edge to a company called Quick Fix Mobile from a site sellmymobile.co.uk
    They were the second best in price so they sent a 24 hour prepaid label and I posted this last Tuesday.
    I have tried ringing no chance of getting through constantly engaged. My order tracker hasnít changed
    Iíve messaged them on Facebook and they keep saying itís awaitibg checking.
    There website says same day check and Money sent!
    They should have received this latest Thursday last week and itís worth £200

Legally does anyone know what I can do?

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Apr 18, 11:26 AM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:26 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:26 AM
    I can't get the site up but can find Quick Fix Mobile.

It's unclear from your post who you actually sold to, but the latter is actually close to where I live. If you have the registered address you can send a LBA and take them to the small claims court if they don't respond - although that would be pointless if they have disappeared. The first site does state it's tested the same day and I presume that's who have been replying?

A LBA should be suitably worded and convince them that you know what you're doing and are prepared to commence proceedings if they don't pay up. If it were me AND I had a) proof of deleivery and B) proof of the offer price I would then issue on-line with an expectation of winning and being paid. However, you need to give them 7 days in the LBA otherwise they might claim the phone isn't worth that much upon inspection.

Post 30 on this thread may help further with the LBA.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=558661&highlight=cashback&page=2
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 11-04-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 11th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 1,447 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    Think you are being impatient. With luck and a following wind you will receive your money.

Unfortunately there have been several reports of payments being much less than expected from some phone trade-in companies, usually with claims and counterclaims relating to scratches and wear/damage.

I personally wouldnít send off a phone to any of these phone buyers, it is a huge gamble and the odds do not look good to me.
    • keith1950
    • By keith1950 11th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 2,426 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    keith1950
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    It could have got lost or stolen ' in the post which is why I always use Special Delivery for such items .
    • Melmarsh71
    • By Melmarsh71 11th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Melmarsh71
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:27 PM
    Hi
    I have tracking and proof they have received it
    • Melmarsh71
    • By Melmarsh71 11th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Melmarsh71
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    Thank you Iíve used companies in the past without issue sadly this one lets the side down
    • Melmarsh71
    • By Melmarsh71 11th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Melmarsh71
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    Thank you it was sold to quick fix mobile as the other is just a conpatison site.

Iíve had an update that it should now be within 24 hours I ve advises that I want the phone back if not in my bank account by Friday so letís see what happens if they are close to you could you peek n see if they look like they actually exist lol
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 7,697 Posts
    • 2,468 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    Sorry; not doing a 15 mile round trip to help you out that much!
    • Melmarsh71
    • By Melmarsh71 12th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Melmarsh71
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:01 AM
    I thought it was close to you with your reply
    No problem
    • d123
    • By d123 12th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 7,183 Posts
    • 4,642 Thanks
    d123
    p
    I have a week ago sent my Samsung s7 edge to a company called Quick Fix Mobile from a site sellmymobile.co.uk
    Originally posted by Melmarsh71
    Thank you it was sold to quick fix mobile as the other is just a conpatison site.

if they are close to you could you peek n see if they look like they actually exist lol
    Originally posted by Melmarsh71
    The company is actually called Quick Mobile Fix (according to sellmymobile.co.uk).

Checking on google maps shows it does have a physical location.

====
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,107Posts Today

7,092Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes you would think in this electronic day and age. They could put digital ticket machines on trains https://t.co/RPo4XXvrwk

• RT @Mattallwright: Martin: supplementary: Does she know which platform the train is on, or is it Paddington with five minutes notice to cov?

• RT @KTMGordo: @MartinSLewis Imagine Jane is hungry and late for an urgent appointment & needs to buy a sandwich but the queue's huge. Is?

• Follow Martin