Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cloudyskies
    • By cloudyskies 11th Apr 18, 7:43 AM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cloudyskies
    Loan to loanee spaced over 5 yrs
    • 11th Apr 18, 7:43 AM
    Loan to loanee spaced over 5 yrs 11th Apr 18 at 7:43 AM
    Hopefully this will make sense!
    Would it be possible to borrow over a period of five years. An example would be; bank gives me £15000 each year over 5 years. This would be serviced monthly obviously increasing with each added £15000. Total loan £75,000. This is to make it easier for family business to pay me out as a retiring parent. Could that total loan be secured against the business assuming there is plenty to secure against? The security of this loan is a vital component.
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 11th Apr 18, 12:43 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 2,482 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:43 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 12:43 PM
    No, nobody does this. Why can't the business just pay you £15k a year? It would certainly save the business money over getting a loan. You're going to be paying income tax on the money whether the business does it out of their profits or pay you out of a loan they get.
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 11th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 1,894 Posts
    • 1,119 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    How will the business pay it back if they canít afford to pay you direct
    • John-K
    • By John-K 11th Apr 18, 9:12 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    John-K
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:12 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:12 PM
    You said in February that you were no longer running a business. What happened?
    • cloudyskies
    • By cloudyskies 12th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cloudyskies
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    Goodness, more questions than answers, thanks for input. Sometimes life isn't straight forward, clean and tidy.
    • John-K
    • By John-K 12th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    John-K
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:24 PM
    Goodness, more questions than answers, thanks for input. Sometimes life isn't straight forward, clean and tidy.
    Originally posted by cloudyskies
    No, which is why people asked questions, to get some context and be able to help you better. Given this weird response, and you not answering any of them, Iíll leave you to it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,463Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin