Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Croissant
    • By Croissant 11th Apr 18, 4:47 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Croissant
    Currys won't repair 2 month old washing machine except on Wednesdays
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:47 AM
    Currys won't repair 2 month old washing machine except on Wednesdays 11th Apr 18 at 4:47 AM
    I bought a brand new Logik washing machine from Currys on 10th Feb 2018. It broke down with an error message. I phoned Curry's whose repair department said they only do repairs in my area on a Wednesday. I can not take time off work but explained I could arrange for someone to be at the house on a Friday.but they said it had to be a Wednesday. I phoned their customer service department who were rude and talked over me basically saying that they have offered a repair on a Wednesday and I take it or leave it. Surely this is not right. Any advice please?
Page 1
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 11th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 15,944 Posts
    • 11,973 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:24 AM
    Post on their social media page?
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 11th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 5,071 Posts
    • 6,828 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:33 AM
    Leave it, get a refund and buy the washing machine elsewhere.
    Don't be angry!
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 11th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    • 9,869 Posts
    • 11,120 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    Leave it, get a refund and buy the washing machine elsewhere.
    Originally posted by spadoosh
    The OP is outside of the 30 day short term right of rejection period so getting a refund may well prove far harder than getting the appliance repaired.
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 11th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    • 12,155 Posts
    • 9,523 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:39 PM
    Send them a letter before action reminding them that any repair or replacement should be carried out within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience. That you have tried to be reasonable by offering alternative days you could have someone wait in but they have refused so you're giving them one further opportunity to repair/replace in line with your consumer rights and if a satisfactory resolution is not forthcoming within x period (I'd say 14 days), you will be getting it repaired yourself elsewhere and then begin legal proceedings against them for the cost of the repair plus any and all reasonable losses you have suffered as a result of their breach of contract.

This is assuming you're in a job and circumstances where you really can't take time off, can't get a family member round to sit in etc. In other words, that you're not being needlessly awkward just because you feel you shouldn't have to.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • CoolHotCold
    • By CoolHotCold 11th Apr 18, 10:44 PM
    • 2,108 Posts
    • 1,311 Thanks
    CoolHotCold
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:44 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:44 PM
    I feel there is more to this then just, not doing it on wednesdays. Must be something to do with the area youre in. Is it very remote?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 12th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    • 4,258 Posts
    • 4,303 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    I feel there is more to this then just, not doing it on wednesdays. Must be something to do with the area youre in. Is it very remote?
    Originally posted by CoolHotCold
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but the OP already seems to have answered that question.

I phoned Curry's whose repair department said they only do repairs in my area on a Wednesday
    Originally posted by Croissant
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 3,729 Posts
    • 6,484 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 2:51 PM
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but the OP already seems to have answered that question.
    Originally posted by DoaM
    It hasn't really been answered, them only serving an area on a particular day could be because it's on a Shetland isle where they don't have enough customers to warrant going there more than once a week, or because it's in the centre of London where they have so many customers they break it down into zones and serve each zone of a different day of the week.
    • Croissant
    • By Croissant 13th Apr 18, 5:12 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Croissant
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:12 AM
    Update
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:12 AM
    Thank you for the responses. I posted on TrustPIlot and Curry's facebook page and had a response within the hour. Curry's accepted it was not reasonable not providing a selection of dates. (No I don't live in a remote area) and are arranging for a better response or new washing machine.

Thank you
    • nyermen
    • By nyermen 13th Apr 18, 7:00 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    nyermen
    Thanks for coming back and updating us. I was wondering myself if you were on the Isle of Wight or something (my parents are and often have these sorts of issues).
    Peter

Debt free - finally finished paying off 20k + Interest.
    • Deastons
    • By Deastons 13th Apr 18, 8:54 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Deastons
    I'll never understand why people buy from places like Currys.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 13th Apr 18, 9:08 AM
    • 7,580 Posts
    • 21,637 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Price? Convenience? Their vigorous advertising?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,872Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin