Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th Apr 18, 2:19 AM
    • 1,406Posts
    • 13,820Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    O/S Daily Wednesday 11th April 2018
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:19 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 11th April 2018 11th Apr 18 at 2:19 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • Judi
    • By Judi 11th Apr 18, 11:29 AM
    • 16,008 Posts
    • 69,189 Thanks
    Judi
    Trying to sort out cheaper ways of getting metacam for Blackun since it looks like she will be on it for the rest of her life.... Thought i was doing well until i questioned the vet receptionist... They will charge me £20 just for writing the prescription if i get it despensed elsewhere.

Thats an hour of my life i wont get back.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • corrieflash
    • By corrieflash 11th Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    corrieflash
    Metacam
    Hi Judi

My old dog (17 past Jan) is on metacam and I buy the largest bottle available, think it's around £60 so a big outlay initially but works out cheaper in the long run.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 11th Apr 18, 12:07 PM
    • 16,008 Posts
    • 69,189 Thanks
    Judi
    Hi Judi

My old dog (17 past Jan) is on metacam and I buy the largest bottle available, think it's around £60 so a big outlay initially but works out cheaper in the long run.
    Originally posted by corrieflash
    On Friday we paid £19.44 for 10mls and she has almost none left

phoning the vet i was quoted.

28.68 for 32mls
    50.85 for 100mls
    59.44 for 180mls (about the same as what you pay Corrieflash but thanks for your input, at least i know the price charged is similar to what other vets charge).

I can pay 21.48 for a 180ml bottle online but the prescription fee from the vet is £20 plus post and packaging which is £4. Still a saving but i have to order it 3 months in advance.... Grump will have the final say since it comes out of his bank account. At least ive done the 'leg work'.

Then of course theres her eye drops and green lipped muscle but she is so worth it.

Whatever it costs, my hounds will have what they need.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 11th Apr 18, 12:39 PM
    • 2,032 Posts
    • 24,926 Thanks
    LaineyT

been MIA for a while so a quick update on the mehefin household ( or should that be horsehold). Mares need wellies not shoes as it is so wet here. Can't remember the last dry day. Hay and haylage in very short supply locally but managed to source a large round bale and have been struggling to use that. Its SO bign
    Originally posted by mehefin
    Likewise on hay Mehefin, am struggling to get some off my usual supplier and haylage is so flipping expensive in comparison, only having the one girlie I tend to buy the small bales but 15 at a time. She does love the haylage though and makes my small store smell delicious
    • Gers
    • By Gers 11th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 6,319 Posts
    • 39,720 Thanks
    Gers
    One of my lovely neighbours has been this morning bringing his little digger and turned over the front plot - I'm so excited as I can now get on with getting membrane and woodchip to put down. It should be ready to sit out in this summer.

The same neighbour is teaming up with another to sort out my back garden where I'm having the grass removed and stone slabs put down.

As the sun was shining I managed to wash and dry all four of my cotton rugs. Joy!

My defrosted venison turned out to be beef so I made a beef and ale casserole instead. It's now portioned up and I'll take some to DM's tomorrow along with the chocolate cake I've just made too.

No rest for the wicked then!
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 11th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 10,415 Posts
    • 113,521 Thanks
    LameWolf
    A somewhat late-in-the-day Hoppy Birdday Dumpling
    Judi, what a shame, your poor carpet.
    Originally posted by ancientofdays
    My first thought was "poor Blackun". I bet she was upset with herself.
    Whatever it costs, my hounds will have what they need.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Exactly as it should be.

Been busy in the kitchen today; Shepherd Spy, Cherry Crumble and Nut Loaf all made. Mr LW got the washing up to do.

He has to see the consultant tomorrow (deferred from 4 weeks ago, because the consultant was off ill) so hopefully we shall finally find out the results of the tests he had done back in January & February.

Of course, my anxiety is at screaming levels.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 11th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 12,401 Posts
    • 39,260 Thanks
    Nelski
    Morning, Afternoon, Evening

Well all those good intentions of posting this morning rapidly disappeared. Been a busy few days for sure. Firstly the bad news ....the hospital have cancelled my op and a very short letter this morning informed me there are no more available dates ....but hang on its your fault!!!!. Anyway I rang admissions today and spoke to a lovely chap who said he would do what he could to get a date soon as possible. Really pi**ed off but nothing I can do Reading Hollys posts pulls me back to reality and that things could be an awful lot worse.

Socially wise it was book club on Monday or should I say Prossecco club Everyone brought a dish and a bottle so we had masses of food and some lovely creations Last night I was out to a local indian with one of my friends and we had another feast which I will be enjoying again later tonight.....might skip the scales this week

Work wise things are going really well and I am taking lots of bookings which is fantastic until I get a new date and it scuppers it all. Also I am not really able to stand for much time now without loads of pain but my job doesn't really fit well with sitting down so I really need it doing soon as poss I dont think these hospital staff think about the effect their mistakes or inappropriate words can have on people. (thinking of the dreadful comment to Holly about the consultant being scared....how pathetic)

Holly keep talking love and you know where I am xx
    TA hope the x ray was ok
    silver-oldie hope the meeting tomorrow is nothing to worry about
    nanny I feel I need pics of window man to compare legs with lawn mower man
    Judi poor blackun I bet she was mortified

Right have a great day night all if you can and I will try much harder to post before you all head for bed tomorrow I have an 8am Asda delivery so it might happen
    • Floss
    • By Floss 11th Apr 18, 6:28 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 39,280 Thanks
    Floss
    ...Last night I was out to a local indian with one of my friends and we had another feast which I will be enjoying again later tonight.....
    Originally posted by Nelski
    Was that at the Anmol?
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 11th Apr 18, 6:32 PM
    • 12,401 Posts
    • 39,260 Thanks
    Nelski
    Was that at the Anmol?
    Originally posted by Floss
    no love Bombay 8 you must try it next time your visiting its fab
    • Judi
    • By Judi 11th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 16,008 Posts
    • 69,189 Thanks
    Judi
    My first thought was "poor Blackun". I bet she was upset with herself.
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    She was indeed. She is a very clean dog, unlike her sister 'Ginge' who does go outside cause she knows it's the thing to do but wouldn't think twice about piddling indoors if it's wet/cold/too hot too cold/the wind is blowing in the wrong direction.

Still love her though.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 11th Apr 18, 7:39 PM
    • 1,562 Posts
    • 18,411 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Judi and LW my apologies, I wasn't discounting the effect that weeing indoors (or the other thing) would have on your dog. One of my dearly loved dogs woukd have been mortified if she'd had an accident indoors. The other had numerous health problems and she didn't have good bladder control in the later years of her life. I don't even know that she realised that she'd peed every time. But I had to clean up regularly after her, to the extent that my vax wore out in the end. But she was my sweet dog so I did it but it was quite a chore.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

245Posts Today

3,710Users online

Martin's Twitter