Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daxm
    • By Daxm 11th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Daxm
    Help-My car insurance profile on Confused.com is reducing my Credit ratings every year
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:20 AM
    Help-My car insurance profile on Confused.com is reducing my Credit ratings every year 11th Apr 18 at 1:20 AM
    I had registered a Confused.com profile a few years back to get a quotation for car insurance, which incidentally I did not use as I managed to get a cheaper quote elsewhere.

However every year at the same time ie at the time of renewal of insurance, my credit profile on Experian gets hit with 4 to 9 credit reference hits.

This year, I have had 8 separate companies hit my Experian credit file with separate credit hits, and they were all done on the same day and on the same day that I got an unsolicited call from Confused.com as my car insurance is coming up for renewal .

And this has reduced my credit rating by 8.

I have the name of the companies which includes companies I have never heard of ie
    Insurance Initiatives Ltd,
    Carole Nash Insurance Consultants,
    Esure Group,
    Uk Insurance Ltd,
    Premium Choice Ltd,
    First Central Insurance Ltd,
    SSP Ltd,Fresh Insurance quotation,
    Zenith Insurance Ltd

This is the second year that it has happened in a row and it has reduced my Credit rating again.

What can I do about it??

Thoughts please
Page 1
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 11th Apr 18, 6:36 AM
    • 2,299 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:36 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:36 AM
    I think that it is you who are confused.
    This profile is NOT reducing your credit rating/score or whatever you want to call it.
    These are quotation searches which are SOFT searches seen by nobody but yourself which will have no effect whatsoever on anything..
    If the numerical rating/score is reducing it is due to OTHER FACTORS and not these searches.
    I doubt that any call received was unsolicited. You would have agreed to this somewhere when you created the profile.
    If you believe that this profile is causing this problem and in the 4 years that this profile has existed you have never used it then why don't you take the obvious action of DELETING THE PROFILE.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Apr 18, 10:27 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:27 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:27 AM
    You don't have a score or rating to be affected.

The searches will be soft searches/quotation searches to confirm address information, money laundering etc.

You can safely ignore the score/rating anyway.
    • Forwandert
    • By Forwandert 12th Apr 18, 7:57 PM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    Forwandert
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:57 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:57 PM
    Log onto confused, click on my account and then account settings, scroll down and delete the car profile. It took me all of 5 minutes at the most to figure it out when It happened to me recently just need to be a little more proactive if your concerned about it after the first year.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 31,705 Posts
    • 19,995 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    A belated 5 year Welcome to the forums.

Wow so your sure has reduced by 8 and your concerned.

I have the same and I'm not concerned 1 bit.

Delete your account on confused if you want to stop the searches.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

9Posts Today

4,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin