Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JJ.1985
    • By JJ.1985 10th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JJ.1985
    Cpn
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:29 PM
    Cpn 10th Apr 18 at 9:29 PM
    Hi can I apologise firstly I have been through the newbies forum to appeal a parking charge notice which was issued 6/4/18 it has a picture on my reg plate time of entry 09:19 and exit 10:33 I didn't even realise id gone over until this letter was issued to me. Please can you tell me if this is the right letter template?? If not please can someone copy and paste here for me which I would appreciate and be very thankful

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.!

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than 250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.!

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 5,111 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:31 PM
    The correct template is printed in blue in post 1 of the Newbies thread you have read.
    This space for hire.
    • JJ.1985
    • By JJ.1985 10th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JJ.1985
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:!

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.!
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide!all!photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully,!

This one then. Thanks for your help. Think I got to into reading to further down the forum then confused myself
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    • 8,716 Posts
    • 8,624 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    Who is the parking company?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Apr 18, 10:10 PM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 5,111 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:10 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:10 PM
    That's the one.
    This space for hire.
    • JJ.1985
    • By JJ.1985 11th Apr 18, 6:16 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JJ.1985
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:16 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:16 AM
    Euro carpark
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 36,863 Posts
    • 21,000 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    Have you found out whether they are BPA or IPC? (Hint -;they aren't IPC!)

Edit the last paragraph of the template!
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 11th Apr 18, 11:21 AM
    • 10,509 Posts
    • 9,833 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:21 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:21 AM
    When was the date of contravention?
    • JJ.1985
    • By JJ.1985 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JJ.1985
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:35 AM
    31st March

Ive already sent it

Will update on the outcome
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,766 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

8,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin