Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Denzel85
    • By Denzel85 10th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Denzel85
    EDF debt over 6 years ago
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    EDF debt over 6 years ago 10th Apr 18 at 9:10 PM
    Hi all,
    I've just received a letter from Lowell financial stating they have bought my debt of 201.59 from EDF energy that is just over 6 years old and a debt I wasn't even aware of?? How do I query this, I've phoned EDF who have told me to ring lowell, which I will do tomorrow.
Page 1
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 11th Apr 18, 8:41 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:41 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 8:41 AM
    How can anyopne be unware of owing an energy supplier for many years ca. 200 for energy they have previously consumed and not yet paid for?

If a debt is barred under statute, it means that by law (the Limitation Act), the lender has run out of time to use certain types of action to try and make you pay the debt. Statute-barred does not mean the debt no longer exists.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin