Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TaeTaeDs
    • By TaeTaeDs 10th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TaeTaeDs
    NCP - Trace Debt Recovery - Gladstones Solicitors
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    NCP - Trace Debt Recovery - Gladstones Solicitors 10th Apr 18 at 8:00 PM
    I know there's a lot of information on this forum of what to do for these parking tickets. I've held off making my own thread because I felt people would just point me in another direction, but I think a few things are unique to my ticket which is why I'm making one now.

I have been issued a PCN by NCP for when I parked where I usually park 5 days a week for work. I distinctly remember the day for when I apparently didn't pay. I used the RingGO app, which I used when the machines were broken which was quite often. I remember entering my info on this day and my payment being completed.

Fast forward a couple of months and I receive a letter fron NCP titled 'second reminder of pcn payment' or something similar to that. So it was clear they didn't attempt to send me the first letter. I've no idea why they decided to do this. NCP thus gave me little time to be able to solve it with them directly Their shady business practises of not recording calls and not having a structured complaints/contact details for the department that deals with their PCN's is disgusting.

After this one letter from NCP I received two separate letters from Trace Debt Recovery, threatening courts. From what I can understand from the advice here, I ignored these two letters from Trace and have received a letter from Gladstones, which I think is a LBCCC, but it doesn't state that term anywhere. They're threatening issuing a CCJ and are telling me to pay within 14 days.

Recap:
    I paid via RingGo, and have proof I paid every single day. This day the money didn't come out of my account when I noticed my bill following receipt of this letter. Two other people who park in the same car park had the exact same letters on the exact same dates from NCP and Trace as I did, for the exact same day.

NCP did not issue me with their inital notice letter and only contacted me once to settle the issue before passing my details on to another company, Trace.

I understand the next advice is to contact the solicitors under some laws that may help me, but I really feel very upset and frustrated that these big corporations are scamming regular payers. And yes it is a scam, I have paid this company 100's of pounds every single month to park and have copies of tickets or receipts. It's absolutely disgusting behaviour. I don't expect I will be treated fairly in any further discussion but I am adamant I have done no wrong.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:07 PM
    at the end of the day , if NCP decided to ttry a court case you have the chance to defend in court

the advice on here is never make any admissions on a public forum, stick to the words THE DRIVER and THE KEEPER

you can check the BMPA zendesk to see the chances of NCP issuing court papers

as for this latest letter , I suspect its not from GLADRAGS but is from DRP , so check who it says to contact and pay. The first digit of the reference too (a 1 would indicate GLADRAGS , a 3 is probably DRP)

if its DRP, post #4 of that NEWBIES sticky thread applies , to IGNORE

if it is an LBC from gladrags , then reply to gladrags

the new PaP protocols from oct 2017 tell you what the LBC should be like

we know its a sc@m , as do the MP,s who gave the new bill its second reading on 02 FEB 2018

watch the video of that debate
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 18, 1:32 AM
    • 56,275 Posts
    • 69,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:32 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:32 AM
    Search the forum for NCP Gladstones and see what others replied with; NCP are very court-shy!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 9,064 Posts
    • 8,761 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter