Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ItsAPain
    • By ItsAPain 10th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ItsAPain
    VCS PCN/Intended Court Proceedings
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:51 PM
    VCS PCN/Intended Court Proceedings 10th Apr 18 at 6:51 PM
    Hi,

I've searched through the Newbies thread and followed the advice correctly I hope.

Anyway, I got issued an PCN/NTK back in December 2017 for a contravention which happened in June 2017 for pulling up on double yellows for approximately 20 seconds according to the CCTV images they sent. This is private land too.

They have included the note where they may pursue the keeper on assumption that they were the driver on the bottom of the original PCN.

I appealed and they rejected of course. The response says the responsibility of the charge lies with the driver of the vehicle, I haven't stated who was driving nor do they know who was driving. They then go on to ask about giving them the drivers details or paying the PCN. I did neither.

Another letter from them refusing my appeal stated that;
    • they have not cited POFA 2012 nor stated that I am liable for the charge as the vehicle keeper.
    • CCTV evidence showed my vehicle stopped for an unreasonable amount of time.
    • that they are going to pursue this matter on the reasonable assumption that I were the driver.

Furthermore this got sent to BW Legal and I appealed stating that I don't know who was the driver was and deny liability to the charge etc, they then put my account on hold and sent me a letter with 'Your Outstanding Query' with all the letters/images of my car/repsonses between myself and VCS/BW Legal. Failure to contact within 14 days may lead to; further collections activity or further legal action.

I feel like this isn't going to go away and I may have messed up in a response as to why they are still pursuing me.

Sorry if this is just a lot of jibberish, it's my first charge and only being (22) it's all a bit legal and technical.

I feel like paying it just to get them off my back, or is there a way I can get out of this?

Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 61,755 Posts
    • 74,664 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:58 PM
    Doesn't sound like you messed up! I would expect a claim anyway, and fully expect to win it.

Here's one I wrote earlier, for a BW Legal case where they called the contact a 'query':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74046847#post74046847

Copy & adapt that one and get geared up to win this in your local court this year!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ItsAPain
    • By ItsAPain 10th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ItsAPain
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:11 PM
    Great thank you!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 10,022 Posts
    • 9,858 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:41 PM

They have included the note where they may pursue the keeper on assumption that they were the driver

A most unreasonable assumption, they know that this will not fly, they have lost several cases by relying on this criminal case. They are likely to fall flat o their face and open themselves to punitive costs if they go with Elliot v Loake, googlr CPR27.14(2)(g) unreasonable behaviour. and read these.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/skipton-judge-rubbishes-elliot-v-loake.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/bw-legal-try-elliott-v-loake-and-cps-v.html

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/new-optical-illusion-sweeps-internet.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas. ter.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/excel-lose-in-cardiff-judge-explains.html
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-04-2018 at 7:47 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • ItsAPain
    • By ItsAPain 10th Apr 18, 7:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ItsAPain
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:49 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:49 PM
    They did mention ParkingEye v Beavis (2015) UKSC 67 in one of their responses if this changes anything?
    Last edited by ItsAPain; 10-04-2018 at 7:55 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 18, 1:25 AM
    • 61,755 Posts
    • 74,664 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:25 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:25 AM
    Nothing at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 11th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 2,762 Posts
    • 3,489 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    was this an airport ?

Ralph
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 11th Apr 18, 11:58 AM
    • 3,459 Posts
    • 4,292 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:58 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 11:58 AM
    Yellow lines do not stop you from "stopping", they do restrict "waiting"

tell their lcient that they need to refer to TSGRD2016 to understand their error in communicaiton.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,355Posts Today

7,968Users online

Martin's Twitter