Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spreadtrader
    • By spreadtrader 10th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 21Thanks
    spreadtrader
    B&Q Lifetime Flooring Warranty
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    B&Q Lifetime Flooring Warranty 10th Apr 18 at 5:20 PM
    Hi could anyone give me some advise please

I have a b&q laminate flooring laid in my house which covers a large lounge through to conservatory and through to kitchen

The flooring has been down for approx 8 years and certain random areas are starting to fade.
    The product was purchased because of its lifetime guarantee which states it will not fade.

I have original receipt and packaging from 1 pack which states this
    I have contacted b&q via email and supplied all necessary images and copies of receipts and they have replied saying that under consumer law it is up to me to provide an independent report claiming the fault of which i have to pay for.

How is the best way to proceed with this
    [
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 10th Apr 18, 5:24 PM
    • 2,992 Posts
    • 18,848 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:24 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:24 PM
    Who is the lifetime guarantee with, manufacturer or retailer? What do the terms of the guarantee say about how to make a claim?

• spreadtrader
    • By spreadtrader 10th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    spreadtrader
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:38 PM
    the product is a b&q select product but on close reading it states the manufacturer is in germany

It says i should write to the manufacturer but I thought my contract would be with the supplier?
    [
    • George Michael
    • By George Michael 10th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 3,056 Posts
    • 4,134 Thanks
    George Michael
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    It says i should write to the manufacturer but I thought my contract would be with the supplier?
    Originally posted by spreadtrader
    If you were attempting to get a resolution under your statutory rights then it would be the retailer that you have to deal with.

A warranty/guarantee however is a different matter.
    As a warranty isn't a legal requirement then there can be T&C's attached to that warranty that state who is responsible for providing it, what the consumer has to do to claim etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

555Posts Today

5,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin