Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 6,145Posts
    • 3,936Thanks
    Hengus
    Coop Energy is taking over Flow Energy
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    Coop Energy is taking over Flow Energy 10th Apr 18 at 4:43 PM
    Britainís Co-operative Energy will buy fellow energy supplier Flow Energy, the two companies said on Tuesday, with the smaller firm warning it would have struggled under the governmentís looming price cap.

Source: Reuters

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-flowgroup-m-a-cooperative/britains-co-op-to-buy-flow-energy-as-energy-price-cap-looms-idUKKBN1HH1J0
Page 1
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 10th Apr 18, 5:32 PM
    • 5,106 Posts
    • 2,250 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:32 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:32 PM
    The first of the dominoes to fall ?? Sad day if it does
    • tghe-retford
    • By tghe-retford 10th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 4,164 Thanks
    tghe-retford
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:07 PM
    The first of the dominoes to fall ??
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    I think it's already happening.
    • Firms now implementing standing charges or higher unit prices for the first x amount of energy used which penalises low energy users and small households.
    • Smaller firms collapsing, closing their tariffs or offloading customers to another supplier.
    • Inflation busting price increases for the remaining firms.
    The days of the free market sorting itself out and competing for custom appear to be over. As I fear the idea of saving money by switching suppliers when they either all charge roughly the same amount, the cheaper ones die off or switch you over to a more expensive one. I got switched over to another supplier today because my old supplier appears to no longer be able to make a profit off some of its customers. When I did a price comparison, its pretty much all the same price, just the name that changes and the days of no standing charge tariffs are over.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

1,957Users online

Martin's Twitter