Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SpinePainWarrior
    • By SpinePainWarrior 10th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SpinePainWarrior
    Electric Adjustable Bed
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    Electric Adjustable Bed 10th Apr 18 at 4:05 PM
    Hi,

I suffer with Degenerative Disc Disease and am looking to buy an electric adjustable bed to help me sleep comfortably as laying down and being propped up with pillows is not working.
    I am on benefits and wondered if anyone knows of any companies that sell the beds for less that 500. I only want a single.

TIA
    Joanne

Spine Pain Warrior
Page 1
    • cranford
    • By cranford 10th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    cranford
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:47 PM
    Cant your local social services/occupational therapist give you an assessment and provide one for free?
    • firefox1956
    • By firefox1956 11th Apr 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,518 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    firefox1956
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:55 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:55 AM
    Cant your local social services/occupational therapist give you an assessment and provide one for free?
    Originally posted by cranford
    Yes thats the way to go.
    It should be provided free on loan.
    • Finefoot
    • By Finefoot 14th Apr 18, 12:31 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    Finefoot
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:31 AM
    Mii Beds
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:31 AM
    Hi, we bought ours from a company called MiiBeds. The lady was very helpful, and will send you a form to. get it vat free if you are disabled. We are very happy with ours and will definitely use them again when needs must.
    We were told Adjustable beds are no longer supplied by the council or nhs.
    Spring has sprung! inhaler and antihistamines at the ready.....
    • troffasky
    • By troffasky 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 73 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    troffasky
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    We were told Adjustable beds are no longer supplied by the council or nhs.
    Originally posted by Finefoot
    Pardon my cynicism, but....person who wants to sell you a bed tells you that you can no longer get one for free from someone else?

My daughter has been loaned an electric bed by the local authority and this was in the last 12 months.
    • sunshine62
    • By sunshine62 14th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    sunshine62
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    adjustable bed
    • 14th Apr 18, 12:49 PM
    I have recently been able to find suitable disabled aides --power chair, adjustable bed -- at my local Paul Satori charity shop. Locally (West Wales), they are the only charity shop that accepts electrical items (of all sorts) PAT checks them, and then sells them. Again locally, for some reason they have tended to have more useful aid items than any other charity shops. Might be worth a phone or two to shops in your part of the world. Good Luck
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 14th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 8,409 Posts
    • 9,431 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    Check Gumtree or Ebay (set display order to Location: Nearest) as these often go for very little second-hand, although you will need to arrange transport.

In Mid Wales, Craft Aberystwyth do electrical items and have had electric beds in the past. BHF furniture shops usually also do electricals.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,124Posts Today

8,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin