Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spacecowboy07
    • By spacecowboy07 10th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    spacecowboy07
    PPI Refund Help Please
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:49 PM
    PPI Refund Help Please 10th Apr 18 at 2:49 PM
    I received a final response from Santander regarding a Loan taken out with Alliance & Leicester in 2003 for 5000 they have offered me the sum of 891.27 which seems to me to be pretty low compared to PPI claims I have had regarding other loans I had over the years.
    There offer of 891.27 consists of 506.40 representing the total PPI premiums. It also includes 384.87 in respect of interest payable to 31 March 2018. ( I don't think this goes bck to 2003 tho)

I do not want to accept this offer can anyone help with calculation and what to do nxt please.

Thank You!
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 10th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 4,528 Posts
    • 2,669 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    Do you have any evidence you paid more?

Getting more money from other complaints has no link to this one
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th Apr 18, 11:43 PM
    • 20,159 Posts
    • 11,101 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:43 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:43 PM
    There is no correlation between what you have received in recompense from other finance and this. You receive a refund (plus interest) of what you actually paid.

Only if you have documentary evidence that you paid more than the bank has offered will you have any chance of receiving any more.

Sorry.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 11th Apr 18, 9:24 AM
    • 15,251 Posts
    • 18,853 Thanks
    amersall
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:24 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:24 AM
    Without knowing the actual PPI on the agreement and if the loan went to term, we cannot help with the figures.

Ask them how they worked this out, they are the only ones who can tell you. I assume you have no paperwork but did the bank?.

You could have repaid the loan early so you would not have paid all of the PPI, this could be why the redress is not what you think it should be.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,999Posts Today

6,039Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin