Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jayb6
    • By jayb6 10th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jayb6
    Someone has made an alleged car insurance claim against me, i was not there! Help.
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:48 PM
    Someone has made an alleged car insurance claim against me, i was not there! Help. 10th Apr 18 at 2:48 PM
    Hi, I'm new here really need some advice, Someone has made a car insurance claim against myself. Saying i hit there car, I don't know nothing about this alleged claim!

My insurance has contacted me, informed me of the allegations I have denied. Now they are requesting all sorts of papers with I have given to them, arranged inspectors which have come to see the car and now an investigator to get statement and interview me, I feel very victimised, I believe my car plate may have been cloned.

Is it possible for them carry out this interview over the phone? does it have to be face to face? What have they done to verify the claim of the claimant? I am very busy with kids and work, its so stressful.

I really don't like the way they are treating me I have not seen any evidence of the claimant. what is the best actions I can take, please thanks

kind regards

jaye
Page 1
    • pjcox2005
    • By pjcox2005 10th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 557 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    pjcox2005
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:53 PM
    I'm sure it's frustrating but no need to feel victamised. Whilst not ideal, if you weren't there then just cooperate with an inspector coming round and getting it resolved.

If it goes on for more than that then I'd probably become a little shorter with them. Just consider from the opposite point of view, if you had been hit and then the driver claimed no responsibility then you'd want someone to look into it properly so you may benefit next time. (I do appreciate you weren't there so not a direct reversal of roles).
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 10th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 22,499 Posts
    • 11,109 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    Are you able to prove that you (or your car were somewhere different?).
    It's not your job to prove your innocence but if you have a cast iron alibi then it might help speed things along.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 10th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    radoslaff
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:26 PM
    This interview looks like an old film. Where were you at 9:26 on 21.02.2018? It's very likely that you wouldn't remember but you might have been in the middle of a cake and coffee morning at you children's school or at the dentist. The best and only chance you have is to cooperate in every possible sense. They are doing their job and I think this is something good for a change. Don't take them as rivals, they are not... yet.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    • Fennite
    • By Fennite 10th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Fennite
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    Do you have an android phone with google location history? If so you should be able to check where you were at alleged time.
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 10th Apr 18, 5:28 PM
    • 556 Posts
    • 404 Thanks
    angrycrow
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:28 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:28 PM
    If it is proven that the op and their vehicle were not involved the insurer will remove the claim from the shared cue database so the op will not have to declare it and other insurers will not see it. The problem is if the renewal comes up before matters are resolved as op will have to declare it as a pending disputed claim.

Op suggested cloned plate but that is very rare. These cases are almost always that somebody recorded a single number or letter in the registration wrong.

Best advise is cooperate with your insurers but keep pressure on to get it resolved quickly.
    • HHarry
    • By HHarry 10th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    • 444 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    HHarry
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    I had this a few years back. I was lucky that I didn't have to go through interviews & inspections - but it was all resolved easily with no ongoing issue.

It could be as simple as a mistyped registration.
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 10th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    The insurers would have set up the interview with a claims inspector most likely. It seems that your insurers believe you weren't involved, and are looking for all and any evidence they can find to show you weren't involved.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,327Posts Today

8,581Users online

Martin's Twitter