Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaybenson
    • By Kaybenson 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 874Posts
    • 54Thanks
    Kaybenson
    Halifax credit card help!
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    Halifax credit card help! 10th Apr 18 at 2:45 PM
    I defaulted on this card in 2010. I received a court claim from Arrow global of which i defended. I requested for credit agreement etc.

They have now sent me a reconstituted agreement. They now ask me to make a proposal of payment. I am ready to do that but what is the effect of this on credit file?

Cheers

Kay.
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 10th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 2,943 Posts
    • 2,290 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:50 PM
    Have you checked your files?

The free versions to check your credit files are below:
    Experian: www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: www.noddle.co.uk
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 1,172 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:55 PM
    2010?

Have you acknowledged or made any payments on the debt in the last 6 years?

If not then it is Statute Barred and not enforceable.

Arrow Global are known for being sneaky - especially since they purchased CapQuest
    • Kaybenson
    • By Kaybenson 10th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Kaybenson
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:40 PM
    2010?

Have you acknowledged or made any payments on the debt in the last 6 years?

If not then it is Statute Barred and not enforceable.

Arrow Global are known for being sneaky - especially since they purchased CapQuest
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    I have some money to halifax even after default.

My question is if i agreed to be paying monthly now, how will it appeared on credit record?
  • National Debtline
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:21 PM
    Hi Kay

If you no longer have a defence then a CCJ can be made against you, unless Arrow Global agree to withdraw the claim, which is probably unlikely. The CCJ will be recorded on your credit file for 6 years, unless you can pay off the full balance of the CCJ within 1 month of it being made.

You may want to get face to face advice to check that the reconstituted agreement is acceptable. It must contain all the terms and conditions from the original agreement, information about any changes made to the agreement and your name and address at the time you took the agreement out. It doesn't have to your signature, or the date of the signature, from the original agreement. I hope that helps.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • Kaybenson
    • By Kaybenson 13th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Kaybenson
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    Have you checked your files?

The free versions to check your credit files are below:
    Experian: www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: www.noddle.co.uk
    Originally posted by Candyapple
    I have. It has dropped off.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 13th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    • 2,943 Posts
    • 2,290 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:16 PM
    I have. It has dropped off.
    Originally posted by Kaybenson
    If it's no longer on your files, it won't reappear.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • cjmillsnun
    • By cjmillsnun 14th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    cjmillsnun
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 14th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    When was the last time you made any payment?
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 15th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 15th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    If you have defended this and it is purely based on the agreement, then likely your defence will be struck out and you will end up with a CCJ, this will appear on your credit file for 6 years unless paid off within the first 30 days.

If a defence has been filed,you will need the courts permission if new statement is to be entered, e.g. stating now believe Statute Barred. It may not be looked on kindly trying to add new angles to dispute after the first has been rejected and they will want to know why this was not part of the original defence (after all Acknowledgement of Service is there to allow defendants time to mount a thorough defence)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,374Posts Today

6,554Users online

Martin's Twitter