Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 10th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    • 4,178Posts
    • 7,483Thanks
    Smodlet
    Praise for Talk Talk - Not kidding
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:38 PM
    Praise for Talk Talk - Not kidding 10th Apr 18 at 2:38 PM
    Received bill for package of 38Mb fibre BB, line rental, TV Plus, Sky Sports and Anytime Calls today and noticed my discount for the latter has expired. Instead of 6 per month it is now 8.50. We are one third of the way through an 18 month contract so it would cost a fortune to leave and, having just done a price comparison on here, for a comparable package with no free calls, we would pay approx 50% more with any other provider.

Nevertheless, being an MSE alumni as I am, I thought I would have an online "chat" with TT and try it on, expecting to be told politely to go forth and multiply.

I won't lie, it took a lot of hanging about but, after 38 minutes and two operatives, the latter in the "Loyalty" bit, I negotiated another discount of 2 per month. Piddling small change? Yes, but the way it made me feel, like a valued customer even whilst stuck in the middle of a contract, has made my day. Professionalism and courtesy throughout, not bad for an overseas call centre.

What does all this cost? 40 pcm in an area with limited providers. , Talk Talk.
    Last edited by Smodlet; 10-04-2018 at 5:30 PM.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,859Posts Today

9,270Users online

Martin's Twitter