Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 10th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    • 1,533Posts
    • 200Thanks
    adonis10
    Thomas Cook - delayed flight compensation
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:32 PM
    Thomas Cook - delayed flight compensation 10th Apr 18 at 2:32 PM
    Using Resolver, I claimed for compensation for a flight that was delayed back in 2012 and within 2 days I got the following responses:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us about your flight.

I'm sorry you were delayed. I know how frustrating it can be. We work hard to make sure delays and the disruption they cause are kept to a minimum.

We've investigated why you were delayed and I'm pleased to let you know that under EU Regulation 261/2004 you should be paid compensation for your claim.

It works out to 400!!!8364; per person which is the amount payable under the Regulation and as the compensation has been issued as a voucher, we have increased the compensation by an extra 200.00 which is only available when a voucher is accepted as compensation.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. I hope we're able to welcome you back on board again in the future."

"Following our conversations we've now completed our investigations.
    We're really sorry about the issues you had during your stay with us and want to confirm that we've offered you and your party the e-Voucher below as full and final settlement for the feedback you gave us.
    Thanks for giving us the chance to put things right. We hope we're able to look after you on holiday with us again soon.

Kind regards,"

I am sceptical about how genuine this is given how quickly they responded, particularly as I submitted the claim on a Saturday. I would also have expected them to initially refuse the claim or brush it off with a token gesture, so to get a 900 voucher is quite surprising. Also, should they not pay cash compensation as opposed to vouchers?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Page 1
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 10th Apr 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:37 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:37 PM
    Your choice to accept the voucher, but you're right you are entitled to cash. Contact them refusing the vouchers and insist on the cash.
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 11th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,533 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    adonis10
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:32 AM
    Your choice to accept the voucher, but you're right you are entitled to cash. Contact them refusing the vouchers and insist on the cash.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Thanks, that's good to know.

To be honest, though, providing the voucher is genuine, I will probably keep it and have a much cheaper holiday!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,647Posts Today

8,586Users online

Martin's Twitter