Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinashelley
    • By tinashelley 10th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tinashelley
    Capita pension overpayment & improper financial accounting
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    Capita pension overpayment & improper financial accounting 10th Apr 18 at 12:58 PM
    Hello I am enquiring on behalf of my mother this is Ref to a Capita Super Annuation pension that my mother claimed as part of her divorce settlement from her husband whom is now deceased.
    Capita OVERPAID my mother unbeknown to her 1,300 and then Capita demanded repayments so my mother agreed, despite being on a very low income.
    Since then approx 2004/5 she has recieved Only two letters from them one offering a reduced settlement if she paid in full which she could not afford of 584.50 when the actual balance owed was 835.00.The second letter balance owed 655 settlement offer of 450.
    She is making repayment plan of 15 per month direct debit.
    ** MOST SHOCKING OF ALL THE LETTERS ARE DATED 2007 & 2008 & SHE HAS NEVER RECEIVED ANY OTHER CONTACT FROM CAPITA **
    My mother has NEVER RECIEVED ANY BALANCE STATEMENTS OR LETTERS EXCEPT THESE TWO ETC THE WHOLE TIME she has been paying. This was REPAID YEARS AGO!!! APPROX BY 2011!
    So I calculate 12 months x 15 =180 per annum
    BALANCE AS AT 13 MAY 2008 655
    IT IS NOW MARCH 2018 !!!
    9 YEARS X 180 =1,620
    10 MONTHS X 15 = 150
    1620 + 150 = 1,770 OWED BY CAPITA TO MRS G A SHELLEY!
    MRS G SHELLEY is still PAYING CAPITA TO THIS DAY!!
    PLEASE HELP /ADVISE - can my mother claim this money back? as she has OVERPAID CAPITA. Can my mum claim FINANCIAL COMPENSATION as they have not kept Correct Financial Records such as sending her Statements & Capita are still claiming/collecting payments from her for TEN YEARS!!!
    Last edited by tinashelley; 10-04-2018 at 1:02 PM.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    • 19,451 Posts
    • 13,654 Thanks
    molerat
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:09 PM
    Quite simply contact them and ask what is going on.
    2 other options. Contact TPAS and ask their advice. https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/ or write a formal letter of complaint then if not satisfactorily concluded after 8 weeks take it to the FOS.
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

1,721Users online

Martin's Twitter