Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 10th Apr 18, 12:43 PM
    • 471Posts
    • 81Thanks
    Nesty
    Ebay - Altering categories?
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:43 PM
    Ebay - Altering categories? 10th Apr 18 at 12:43 PM
    I have been listings for a some LP's for a family member.
    I have noticed the viewing rate numbers drop off a cliff.
    When listing these a few weeks ago .You went into listing category. It was always
    Music > LP's > Jazz, Easy Listening etc (or whatever genre of music it was).
    I am not seeing that now, Just seeing Music > Records
    Have ebay changed this?
    Or is it my module and I am having some JavaScript glitch, not picking up the last category?
Page 1
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 10th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 4,167 Posts
    • 11,357 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    I had the same thing happen with CDs. I was sure you used to be able to choose a category.
    • fwor
    • By fwor 10th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 6,033 Posts
    • 4,090 Thanks
    fwor
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:30 PM
    Just checked and it seems to be a change - whether permanent or temp I don't know.

But IMO it makes sense, because no buyer is going to search by category anyway, are they? "Hmmm... I think I'll buy some Easy Listening today..."

It was always a bit of a pain when I was listing LPs, because no two people can agree on exactly where category boundaries lie - so you would constantly be having to decide if something was Easy Listening or Swing, or Thrash Metal or Death Metal, etc, etc.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 10th Apr 18, 9:09 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    Nesty
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:09 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 9:09 PM
    I wondered this myself. Looks like they have now placed them into records and then you sub list them in the listing specs ie LP 12 inch, Artist Genre etc
    • Dox
    • By Dox 11th Apr 18, 2:00 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    Dox
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:00 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:00 AM
    Most people will find them by searching for a particular piece of music and/or artist, so lumping them together shouldn't make any difference to sales - might actually help them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,083Posts Today

8,156Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin