Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zmanning
    • By Zmanning 10th Apr 18, 12:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zmanning
    No POPLA code received
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:05 PM
    No POPLA code received 10th Apr 18 at 12:05 PM
    Hi all,
    I received a windscreen parking fine on 21/11/17 which I appealed following the NEWBIE template. I received an appeal response via email on 19/1/18 which was declined and a NTK on 30/1/18. The appeal response mentioned that if the email was ignored a POPLA verification code will be provided which I'm still waiting for. I have since received a further notification letter on 28/2/18 and now a debt recovery letter on 4/4/18 but none of which mention a POPLA code. I'm really confused at what I should be doing now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
    Last edited by Zmanning; 10-04-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Apr 18, 12:11 PM
    • 10,022 Posts
    • 9,859 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:11 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:11 PM
    What is the name of the PPC?

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Zmanning
    • By Zmanning 10th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zmanning
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:17 PM
    Its UKPC.
    Do I just ignore it then or contact them for a POPLA code?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 19,501 Posts
    • 30,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:23 PM
    Its UKPC.
    Do I just ignore it then or contact them for a POPLA code?
    Originally posted by Zmanning
    Complain to the BPA and ask them to investigate.

aos@britishparking.co.uk

What did the landowner say when you complained about the unfair parking charge?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    • 10,022 Posts
    • 9,859 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:30 PM
    UKPC are fraudsters read this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,448Posts Today

7,995Users online

Martin's Twitter