Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • garyc123
    • By garyc123 10th Apr 18, 11:50 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    garyc123
    Contesting the reason of a delay
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:50 AM
    Contesting the reason of a delay 10th Apr 18 at 11:50 AM
    I have searched the boards as I suspect someone else has asked this question before; but I've had no luck in finding the answer!

I was on an EasyJet flight that was cancelled and I was placed on another flight 2 days later (missing 2 days of work, hence why I think it is fair I claim the compensation). After jumping through the hoops EasyJet have said they will not pay out as the flight was cancelled due to weather. I have done a little research, compiling a list of flights, and found that for that particular day on that particular route this was the only flight that was cancelled.

My question is; what is the best way to go about contesting the reason they have given? it best to go straight to the CAA? or write back to the customer services team? or take them the EU court to publicly shame them? or write a nice letter to Johan Lundgren to show him the facts I have found?

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Gary
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 11,499 Posts
    • 7,519 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    assuming you have checked the NWNF checkers (EUClaim, bottonline) and they confirm you have a claim then you could issue a NBA and see what the judge thinks.
    If the NWNF sites confirm extraordinary circumstances then you would be looking to see if your travel insurance will cover any losses you incurred as no payment from airline would be due
    • JPears
    • By JPears 10th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 4,252 Posts
    • 1,162 Thanks
    JPears
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:56 AM
    Welcome.
    Please repost on the easyjet thread rather than creating your own personal thread, as unfortunately this makes a real mess of the board. Regulars check all the airline threads on regular basis. Individual threads make it far more difficult.
    I would suggest you download Vauban's super informative guide for your next steps.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,108Posts Today

8,667Users online

Martin's Twitter