Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shaftonred
    • By shaftonred 10th Apr 18, 11:34 AM
    • 59Posts
    • 4Thanks
    shaftonred
    Notice of Intended Prosecution - Neighbourhood Volunteer
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:34 AM
    Notice of Intended Prosecution - Neighbourhood Volunteer 10th Apr 18 at 11:34 AM
    Was hoping someone could help with this latest scenario... just answered the door to the postie and one of the letters is from Suffolk Constabulary of a notice of intended prosecution.

I vividly remember this as I was exiting my golf club and there was a car travelling on the road I was turning into, appeared to be at speed but possibly at the 30mph limit so I pulled out and accelerated safely to avoid any need for them to break (several hundred yards away). I realised I was over the 30mph (approx 35mph) speed limit and took my foot off the accelaration right at the time as I saw a "nothing better to do old dear" with an high viz jacket and camera.

I contunued my trip down the road at 30mph and thought nothing more of it as I quickly searched if this was enforceable (may have looked at the wrong site).. fast forward to today and it appears that I have a NIP. So...

1) My assumption, rightly or wrongly, was that if caught by a member of the public, that the police force could only issue a warning letter rather than a NIP?
    2) Surely the equipment that this lady had wouldnt have been calibrated to the requirements needed?
    3) I am the unproud owner of 3 points already from last year and prior to that had a speed awareness course in Yorkshire... is it likely that I will get the opportunity for a speed awareness course in Suffolk as I have read that if it was my first offense in that county then this is how it would be dealt with in this circumstance?

Appreciate your help...
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Apr 18, 12:25 PM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 4,532 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:25 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:25 PM
    1) Your assumption is wrong.
    2) What standards do you mean?
    3) Part ofthe national scheme so no chance

You have to respond within the deadline, otherwise you commit an entirely different offence.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Apr 18, 12:26 PM
    • 19,828 Posts
    • 31,316 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:26 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:26 PM
    We're a private parking forum. You need PePiPoo to help you.

Register there, but note a hotmail address won't work, then post your query in a new thread.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=5
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • shaftonred
    • By shaftonred 10th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    shaftonred
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:54 PM
    1) Your assumption is wrong.
    2) What standards do you mean?
    3) Part ofthe national scheme so no chance

You have to respond within the deadline, otherwise you commit an entirely different offence.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001

I was led to believe that all equipment needed calibrating and given that this is a piece of kit used by members of a voluntary organisation would assume that constant moving could affect the accuracy?

Maybe not... will head to pepPIpoo.. cheers
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 4,466 Posts
    • 5,857 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:58 PM
    I was led to believe that all equipment needed calibrating and given that this is a piece of kit used by members of a voluntary organisation would assume that constant moving could affect the accuracy?

Maybe not... will head to pepPIpoo.. cheers
    Originally posted by shaftonred
    How would constant moving affect the accuracy? They are regularly slung around the back of police cars and work fine.
    This space for hire.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 4,532 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    All that needs to be proven is "exceeded the speed limit", The excess just gives the sentence.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter