Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lemontree22
    • By Lemontree22 10th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lemontree22
    No info on British Gas switch
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    No info on British Gas switch 10th Apr 18 at 11:08 AM
    Hello. I filled in all the info on the site to switch to a British Gas deal on 20 March. I'm already a British Gas customer but this was a more favourable deal since my deal came to an end on 31 March. But I have not heard anything about this switch. Who should I contact, British Gas itself or this website? Or should I look for other deals and assume this one is not going ahead. Thanks.
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Apr 18, 12:02 PM
    • 6,146 Posts
    • 3,938 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:02 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:02 PM
    Hello. I filled in all the info on the site to switch to a British Gas deal on 20 March. I'm already a British Gas customer but this was a more favourable deal since my deal came to an end on 31 March. But I have not heard anything about this switch. Who should I contact, British Gas itself or this website? Or should I look for other deals and assume this one is not going ahead. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Lemontree22
    This is becoming a common problem between MSE Cheap Energy Club and BG. I would contact BG and ask whether they have received a tariff change request. Normally, this is actioned almost immediately as there is no cooling off period.
    • benten69
    • By benten69 10th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 1,326 Thanks
    benten69
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    If you are with BG already they will switch you today. Simply phone them, tell then what has happened, they will put you through to someone in their switch team who will ask you to e-mail the switch confirmation you got from the MSE Cheap Energy Club direct to one of the managers on duty.

Then they will perform the switch for you the same day and call you back when it is done. They can even back date your bills right back to the day you made the switch (20th March).

I had this exact issue. My mum did an MSE switch after me, but she got confirmation from BG it was complete before I got mine, so I called them and they had no record of my switch coming through.

Did the above (e-mailing proof to a manager) and the lady said she would call me back later. True to her word, she called me back within 2 hours to confirm the switch was done. Like I said, she also confirmed they can back date any usage right back to the date you made the switch request.

So give them a call and you'll be sorted by end of the day.
    Emergency Fund - 100% Complete | Motorcycle Fund - 2.2% Complete
    New Kit Fund - 0% Complete | Touring Fund - 0% Complete
    Mortgage Sept '15: -161,250 | Mar '18: -151,288.12

• Lemontree22
    • By Lemontree22 10th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lemontree22
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    Hi benten69, thank you for the info. I did as you suggested and contacted British Gas. They said they had received no such tariff change request from moneysavingexpert and basically it wasn't anything to do with them. So has the request not been put through? I have no idea what is happening now. To be honest I thought this was going to be a quick transfer to another tariff, I didn't realise there would be such a kerfuffle.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 6,146 Posts
    • 3,938 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.
    • Lemontree22
    • By Lemontree22 10th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lemontree22
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 4:17 PM
    Thank you I have just sent an email to the address you provided.
    • morphine
    • By morphine 11th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    morphine
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:55 PM
    I am having the same problem.

I used MSE Energy Club and applied for a Switch on the 1st March. I Have not heard anything from British Gas. Its been 6 weeks. So I wrote to the MSE Energy Club who responded by saying we have escalated the matter. Not sure what they were doing for 6 weeks. Also I called BG and they say they have not received my switch application.

It is really frustrating when things do not happen as promised and no one has a clue why.

I cant even do another switch as its been more than 14 days ( cooling period ) and MSE Energy Club shows Switch in PROGRESS

Last edited by morphine; 11-04-2018 at 2:24 PM. Reason: typo
    • morphine
    • By morphine 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    morphine
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 2:26 PM

If this is the case and MSE know about it why is MSE allowing them to be part of the Energy Club has this causes a lot of inconvenience to us
    Last edited by morphine; 11-04-2018 at 2:40 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

182Posts Today

1,047Users online

Martin's Twitter