Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TomLikesSausages
    • By TomLikesSausages 10th Apr 18, 10:50 AM
    • 67Posts
    • 22Thanks
    TomLikesSausages
    Virgin V6 Box- Can you use it on other Televisions in the house
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:50 AM
    Virgin V6 Box- Can you use it on other Televisions in the house 10th Apr 18 at 10:50 AM
    With the new Virgin V6 box and Wi Fi connection. Can it be used on other televisions in a different part of the house and would we need to get another remote control.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Apr 18, 10:52 AM
    • 33,563 Posts
    • 39,661 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:52 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:52 AM
    Only by using video senders without multi Room
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 33,563 Posts
    • 39,661 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/ways-to-watch/multi-room.html#

You need multi Room
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 10th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    cranford
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 12:00 PM
    Since the V6 does not have an active scart connector only HDMI video senders may work and they are not cheap. The VM community forum contains threads on people that have tried to used these, some with no success. see
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CommunityHubForums
    • Nilrem
    • By Nilrem 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 2,405 Posts
    • 1,586 Thanks
    Nilrem
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:45 PM
    If the TV's have smart features, or you've got a mobile phone/tablet that can "cast" to the TV you can from memory use an app to playback content recorded on the box.

I've not looked into it much, but the TIVO V6's VM supply allow you to remotely view recorded content by signing into your account with an app, which should in theory mean you can use your phone/tablet to connect to a suitable TV/STB/Stick (such as the chromecast) and use the TV to act as the display
    This assumes that the app doesn't disable the ability to "cast" the picture to a TV, that you have a phone/tablet that supports it, and that you have a TV that either natively supports receiving it or a suitable STB/stick.

If you've got an android phone/tablet or an Idevice it may be worth playing around with it to see what the app allows, then trying to mirror/cast it to anything like a FireTV device or chromecast stick if you've got one.
    • mart44
    • By mart44 10th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    mart44
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 3:55 PM
    How far away is the second TV from the V6 box? I run a second TV in the room next to where the box is situated via a long HDMI lead and this splitter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LM4IJ60/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since the V6 box remote control uses RF to communicate with the box, IR line-of-sight is not required. The remote control can be taken into the room where the second TV is and it still works.
    Error! - Keyboard not attached. Press any key to continue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

116Posts Today

1,613Users online

Martin's Twitter