Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sonypc100
    • By sonypc100 10th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    • 78Posts
    • 6Thanks
    sonypc100
    Ways to complain for someone with learning difficulties
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:29 AM
    Ways to complain for someone with learning difficulties 10th Apr 18 at 10:29 AM
    Hi

I'm helping to manage an adult who is hospital and he has used the provided TV by the bed. Its a company called Hospedia.

The TV's are permanent fixtures by each bed and you can then pay to access any services you want, such as normal TV, movies, sports packages etc.

There's been lots of issues and they say the only way for him to complain is via email. He has never and cannot send an email.

Yes, of course I can do it on his behalf but my question is, if a UK company is providing a service, should details of the service be in braille or audio if required and if a complaint is wanting to be made should they offer other ways to complain rather than just an email address?

Not sure if this would fall under the equality discrimination act?

Thanks

Rich
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    • 2,358 Posts
    • 2,596 Thanks
    venison
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    What is the compliant? you don't say.
    From experience these TV's offer free TV between 8am and noon and free phone calls, anything else you buy a top up card to access a range of features.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 11th Apr 18, 3:12 PM
    • 5,259 Posts
    • 3,920 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:12 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:12 PM
    There is an address for Customer relations on their website

http://www.hospedia.com/patient-area/faqs/
    • easy
    • By easy 11th Apr 18, 4:50 PM
    • 2,324 Posts
    • 2,732 Thanks
    easy
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:50 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:50 PM
    Also on the "contact us" page of the website
    If you need help urgently please contact our Customer Care Team on 0345 414 1234.

I would ignore the "urgently" bit, If your friend needs to talk to them and can't email, then use the number.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,871Posts Today

8,484Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks so much to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night. The ratings are in at 2.4m and 12% share, lower tha? https://t.co/Jj62j1fV5F

• RT @stomp_3k: Oh @MartinSLewis would be proud proud of me went sim free on my mobile contract renewal and bought my handset outright saving?

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Wales Govt steps up to help ?severely mentally impaired? access crucial council tax discount after MSE campaign - BUT M?

• Follow Martin