Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mishomeister
    • By Mishomeister 10th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    • 765Posts
    • 189Thanks
    Mishomeister
    Business credit cards?
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    Business credit cards? 10th Apr 18 at 10:04 AM
    Just wondering if some one knows how the applications for a business credit card are assessed?

Do they just take your word on business income during the application?

Or do they require company accounts (and therefore trading history) to be shown.

Basically I have a new business which has just been set up but I am now sure if it is worthwhile applying for a credit card.
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 10th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 2,036 Posts
    • 2,187 Thanks
    venison
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    Do you have a business bank account? if so that may be the best place to start.
    Ex Board Guide
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 10th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 24,755 Posts
    • 11,967 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:13 PM
    Are you a limited company or sole trader?

If you are a company - speak to your business manager at the bank.
    If you are a sole trader I would get the card which was the best for you ie a cashback or rewards card whereby you could keep your personal and business transactions separate but benefit from them.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Mishomeister
    • By Mishomeister 11th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 765 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    Mishomeister
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:07 PM
    Are you a limited company or sole trader?

If you are a company - speak to your business manager at the bank.
    If you are a sole trader I would get the card which was the best for you ie a cashback or rewards card whereby you could keep your personal and business transactions separate but benefit from them.
    Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever
    I am a LTD, but I don't want the card from the bank where my business account is, as I want a cashback/reward card as I am not really interested in the borrowing as such.
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 11th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 24,755 Posts
    • 11,967 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    I am a LTD, but I don't want the card from the bank where my business account is, as I want a cashback/reward card as I am not really interested in the borrowing as such.
    Originally posted by Mishomeister
    Sorry to say but won't happen.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin