Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikekea1
    • By mikekea1 10th Apr 18, 7:23 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mikekea1
    EE change mobile number
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:23 AM
    EE change mobile number 10th Apr 18 at 7:23 AM
    Hi - So back in Jan my friend had to ask EE to change her number due to nuisance calls. The new number she was given is still being advertised online as its an old business but she is now recieiving even more nuisance calls.. She has rang EE to complain but has been told nothing they can do and if she wants to change her number again it will be 30. Surely this cant be correct. Any advice please..
Page 1
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 10th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 4,525 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    Hi - So back in Jan my friend had to ask EE to change her number due to nuisance calls. The new number she was given is still being advertised online as its an old business but she is now recieiving even more nuisance calls.. She has rang EE to complain but has been told nothing they can do and if she wants to change her number again it will be 30. Surely this cant be correct. Any advice please..
    Originally posted by mikekea1
    Order a free PAYG sim and obtain a PAC from the new provider.
    Give this to EE and they will transfer the number on the existing EE contract.
    ASDA Mobile is a good option
  • Jenny_EE
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:47 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:47 PM

Hello, numbers are quarantined for a certain amount of time to try ensure that the previous customer to have that number no longer has a connection to it. We can change a number for free the first time but after that it will cost 35.75 (inc VAT) to change the number. I'd urge her to register with the TPS http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html. This free service allows you to register your preference not to receive any unsolicited telesales calls. Thanks, Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 31,635 Posts
    • 19,961 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 5:52 PM
    What were these calls ?

Could have blocked the numbers ?

Could she not block the new lot of numbers ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 10th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 8,338 Posts
    • 6,160 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:02 PM
    If your friend can prove that the new number is still being advertised as a business I'd suggest she opens a formal complaint with EE. Admittedly, the issue is outwith their control but it'd be basic goodwill to change the number again free of charge.

Networks have a problem, mainly with youngsters, wanting to change numbers every couple of months after having squabbles with mates, there is a cost to networks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,134Posts Today

6,877Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin