Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johnsof75
    • By johnsof75 9th Apr 18, 11:54 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    johnsof75
    Problems with Sky
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:54 PM
    Problems with Sky 9th Apr 18 at 11:54 PM
    I have been a Sky customer for over 12 years. At the moment I pay 46 per month for Sky TV (not the movies or Sport) and Broadband. Unfortunately for a number of months I have been receiving a really poor service. My broadband is downloading at a speed of 0.1mb and I get 0 when looking for the upload speed. I am also having problems with using catch up (it takes over day to download a programme) . I can no longer work from home as the internet connection is too slow and can't watch Youtube or anything that requires downloading. I have called Sky numerous times, they have told me there is an external fault , that their engineers are going to fi it, I receive a text saying its done but nothing changes. I have said to them that I want to terminate my contract as I basically have no service but they have said its not due to end until November so will have to pay over 100 to do so. What do you think I should do? Thanks
Page 1
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 10th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    • 1,414 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:24 AM
    Keep pestering them. Is there noise on the phone line with voice calls? If so report a voice fault - report the noisy line. If their is noise on the line with voice calls fixing that will likely fix the internet problem.

Also, find out what the minimum speed Sky guarantee for your connection. As you will be below that you will be able to leave without penalty if they can't fix it. But, if there is an external fault on your line then you will have the same issues with anyone you move to until the line is fixed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,432Posts Today

9,095Users online

Martin's Twitter