Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • asl197
    • By asl197 9th Apr 18, 10:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    asl197
    Scottish Power 4times not phoning when they arranged to. No interest in possible data privacy breach
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:37 PM
    Scottish Power 4times not phoning when they arranged to. No interest in possible data privacy breach 9th Apr 18 at 10:37 PM
    What are my rights when customer services arrange a time to call me and then don't call. This has happened 4 times now. Do I have similar rights to if an engineer does not turn up? They have wasted a lot of my time having to wait around for them to call.

It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since I raised the issue and they have made no effort to look into what seems to be a breach of data privacy. Do I raise this to Ofgen or Information Commisioner Office or both?
Page 1
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 9th Apr 18, 10:49 PM
    • 1,348 Posts
    • 1,137 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:49 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:49 PM
    The Energy Ombudsman is the usual first call with any complaints about suppliers.
    I ve had that happen when the promise to call you back does nt happen .Personally it did nt upset me or waste my time.
    I use a mobile and can usually answer wherever I am unless I`m driving. I dont have to sit by the landline .
    Suppliers usually pay out the industry standard 25/ 30 compensation to placate an unhappy customer when meter fitters do not turn up for their appointments and that is very common because there may well be a financial loss when taking a day off work to stay at home.
    Not quite the same waiting for a phone call so I do not think you can claim anything
    Last edited by House Martin; 10-04-2018 at 8:30 AM.
  • Scottish Power
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:02 AM
    What are my rights when customer services arrange a time to call me and then don't call. This has happened 4 times now. Do I have similar rights to if an engineer does not turn up? They have wasted a lot of my time having to wait around for them to call.

It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since I raised the issue and they have made no effort to look into what seems to be a breach of data privacy. Do I raise this to Ofgen or Information Commisioner Office or both?
    Originally posted by asl197
    Hi asl197

Im really sorry to hear of the poor service you have encountered waiting on a call back from our customer service team. I would really like to get this resolved for you.
    If you could possibly email me at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information,
    your MSE handle in the subject heading
    your full address
    your name and telephone number
    and some details of the issues you have encountered
    we can look to get this escalated to our customer care team as a matter of urgency for you.

Kind regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin