Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Templedc
    • By Templedc 9th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Templedc
    Corgi homeplan cover - avoid at all costs
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:10 PM
    Corgi homeplan cover - avoid at all costs 9th Apr 18 at 9:10 PM
    I have, for only the second time, had to call Corgi with regards to a defect on my system. They have again found every reason why they should not repair the defect. They were supposed to conduct a service last month but as with previous years I have had to chase them up. Now the system has a defect they are refusing to repair the defect or carry out the service.

The company are happy to take the money but I have had nothing but problems with them when I have required their service.

I would suggest anybody thinking of taking out cover with Corgi, avoid them at all costs
Page 1
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 10th Apr 18, 6:42 AM
    • 3,470 Posts
    • 3,637 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:42 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:42 AM
    There are many others who have had problems with this company and warned against using them - this is just one thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4165731&highlight=corgi
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Apr 18, 12:18 AM
    • 9,146 Posts
    • 5,454 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:18 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 12:18 AM
    The person who fitted my system (coming to service tomorrow) said there was no point in having a contract; just call him if there is a problem. This is unlikely for some time so will save money.

A couple of days without gas boiler is no great loss as we managed for weeks using a kettle and pans to heat water (even for a baths,which meant extra exercise going up and down stairs),before the new system was fitted.
    • Steve247247
    • By Steve247247 17th Jan 19, 2:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Steve247247
    • 17th Jan 19, 2:36 PM
    Hmmm...CORGI HomePlan: Friend or foe? Friend, now, I think
    • 17th Jan 19, 2:36 PM
    I'm a landlord (one who looks after his tenants, would you believe!), and am keen to use a rival to Brit Gas for boiler service plans. I remember coming across bold claims in leaflets from this outfit years ago (2011-12), but was put off by the horrendous reviews. However, they are now getting incredible results on Trustpilot, who I feel are a reliable source (or has Trustpilot gone down the pan??).

SO, I have been doing some scouting. They were pretty straight with me that they had problems in the beginning, but have made improvements over the years, so much so that energy provider, OVO, took them over....

SO, folks, I think the superb reviews they are getting are probably merited - but hey, don't take my word for it!

Indeed, I wanted to sign up to them but couldn't a) because they don't do tenanted properties, and b) for my own home, my boiler is too old....(30 years and still going v strong - Potterton Netaheat).

The fact that they don't sign up all and sundry is also a good sign IMO.
    • Alfrescodave
    • By Alfrescodave 17th Jan 19, 3:15 PM
    • 651 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    Alfrescodave
    • 17th Jan 19, 3:15 PM
    • 17th Jan 19, 3:15 PM
    So your recommendation is NOT based upon any personal experience of the service they offer but only on advertising.

I think I'll wait to switch once I've seen recommendations from people who have actually used them. Hell freezing over springs to mind .
    • Bernie The Bolt
    • By Bernie The Bolt 24th Jan 19, 5:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bernie The Bolt
    • 24th Jan 19, 5:19 PM
    Do not use corgi!!!
    • 24th Jan 19, 5:19 PM
    When my boiler started making noises I had three different Corgi engineers in. The first two diagnosed different problems but neither could obtain approval from Corgi for the parts. A third engineer showed me some dirty water and told me I had a problem with sludge so I wasn't covered by the contract. Corgi then wrote to say I wasn't covered (even though I still had to pay as I'd agreed to a year's contract) and to let them know when the system had been power-flushed (at my expense, around 500) so cover could recommence.

I let the Corgi contract expire and cancelled it and in the meantime got a proper engineer in who fixed the problem in a couple of minutes and said I didn't need a power-flush.

Make of that what you will but my advice is to simply use a local tradesman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

106Posts Today

1,334Users online

Martin's Twitter