Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MisterWhale
    • By MisterWhale 9th Apr 18, 8:32 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 6Thanks
    MisterWhale
    UKPC asking for driver's details after online appeal
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:32 PM
    UKPC asking for driver's details after online appeal 9th Apr 18 at 8:32 PM
    Hey there,

Brief backstory on the ticket. This street has no parking permits, but it does have some designated bays for specific house numbers, however there is no proof required to park there.
    There is a parking bay which simply has a chevron on it, or a V. Literally no indication what it was. The driver parked there for a day while and got a PCN from UKPC.
    Turns out this bay, on The Keeper's street, is actually a permit only spot for the apartments on the street next to mine, the PCN issued even says the name of the other street even though you can only reach the bay from The Keeper's street. And of course the UKPC sign was way up on the wall of one of the buildings, not exactly in direct eyesight once you've parked.

The Keeper read through all (or most) of the newbies thread. The Keeper appealed online, waited a while. Finally got a letter stating "In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide a copy of the driver's full name address to our Appeals Department within fourteen days of the date of this letter."
    The letter seems to suggest that once they receive this information The Keeper will receive a POPLA.
    I couldn't find anyone else with this letter just from looking quickly. So I will ask "Should I send them 'the driver's details' or not" but I expect the obvious answer is probably no. But I thought it better to ask being as I think today or tomorrow is the fourteenth day.

They have "reduced" the charge to 60 now which makes The Keeper a little more inclined to just give in, but also wonder how far they will drop it when you keep pushing.

Thanks for reading and your response.
    Last edited by MisterWhale; 09-04-2018 at 9:00 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:39 PM
    IGNORE their reply and wait for a popla code to arrive

there have been hundreds of people asking the same question, with the same answer, they are phishing , so do not help them by providing the drivers details UNLESS there is a compelling reason for you to name said driver

they ALWAYS want the drivers details , getting them is a different matter and you are under NO OBLIGATION to provide them

the lowest they will go is zero pounds , when you beat the sc@mmers at their own game , there is no in-between figure
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • MisterWhale
    • By MisterWhale 9th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    MisterWhale
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:46 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry if it's quite a repeated question, but I did go through a couple of pages of UKPC posts without seeing about it
    At least it was an easy answer
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    • 36,566 Posts
    • 82,825 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    You should edit your post to remove information about who parked. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper who are two different people.

Parking scammers monitor these fora.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    I would think its covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, seeing as its so common a question

and edit post #1 as mentioned above

the entities are THE DRIVER, and THE KEEPER, no "ME , MYSELF & I"

parking companies deal with where vehicles were parked, not people
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Apr 18, 9:00 PM
    • 7,178 Posts
    • 9,501 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:00 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:00 PM
    It's just a wheeze by UKPC asking for the driver because
    they don't know and you are not going to tell them.

You will get a POPLA code to further appeal, so, you need
    to gather information on the signage from the perspective
    of driving into the area.

Take pictures and let us see them by uploading to a free
    hosting site and then paste here the URL changing it
    from http to hxxp and someone will make it live

So you know, UKPC are scammers and known to fake
    pictures ........ that is fraud.

UKPC are an Unscrupulous set up and one of the companies
    who has given the parking industry such a terrible name.

READ ABOUT UKPC HERE
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=UKPC

Take note of the residential cases
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-04-2018 at 9:04 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • MisterWhale
    • By MisterWhale 9th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    MisterWhale
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    I'm sure it is in there somewhere but on a quick glance I don't see it
    But I did take away the general idea of "If they ask for the driver's details just give them the keeper's details or give them nothing"

Painstakingly edited, hopefully that's more fitting

Will try and get some pictures
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 17,818 Posts
    • 22,465 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:08 PM
    a few previous threads on the subject

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5792826

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5781161

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5781211

took 2 minutes using the forum search box and some of their own words as search words

it may well be that this needs adding to the FAQ in that NEWBIES sticky thread
    Newbies !!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 17,322 Posts
    • 27,294 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:11 PM
    I'm sure it is in there somewhere but on a quick glance I don't see it
    I'm afraid a 'quick glance' doesn't do it. It needs detailed reading and understanding, not rocket science, but not painting by numbers either.

I've been here every day for the past 5+ years, often from the other side of the world, with over 17,000 posts, yet learn something new in this game almost every day.

The more you understand and know about this stuff, the better chances you have of killing the charge - dead!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • MisterWhale
    • By MisterWhale 9th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    MisterWhale
    Fair enough I didn't search hard enough.
    Quite a lot of reading was done when the PCN was received. Will look more closely in the future.
    Thanks for the quick replies
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter