Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 9th Apr 18, 8:26 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 12Thanks
    biggysmaller
    40 days until Sky contract 9.50 runs out - when can I move?
    • 9th Apr 18, 8:26 PM
    40 days until Sky contract 9.50 runs out - when can I move? 9th Apr 18 at 8:26 PM
    I need some help here.
    Sadly, my 9.50 12 month Sky broadband deal is coming to an end in 40 days.
    I will probably move to another provider - however, I need to know when I can do this without any extra charges or paying the full amount with Sky?
    Do I have to give Sky notice or anything?
    How does it work?
    Much appreciated.
Page 1
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 10th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:27 PM
    wait until your 31 days from end of contract then make the switch online (if you choose too) that way you will avoid paying full price and/or any termination charges

it only takes 14 days to switch normally to your new provider
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:54 PM
    wait until your 31 days from end of contract then make the switch online (if you choose too) that way you will avoid paying full price and/or any termination charges

it only takes 14 days to switch normally to your new provider
    Originally posted by NittyGritty
    Why not stay for two extra weeks at the low price ? They only need two weeks' notice unless T&Cs have changed since we left.
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 11th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 955 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:19 PM
    because sometimes things don't always go to plan when switching, and there could be delays

this way you cover yourself from being charged full price

leaving it till the very last minute and hoping everything goes as plan is prob not the best option

but its the posters choice so up to them if they want too or not
    • dcfc67
    • By dcfc67 11th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    dcfc67
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    If you are happy with sky look at now broadband owned by sky. Cashback if you go through topcashback/quidco.

sort out prices then call sky, they reduced my broadband/line rental to 15 a month.
    Talktalk also have good 12-18 month deals with cashback through referral sites
    • lowmiles
    • By lowmiles 11th Apr 18, 9:22 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    lowmiles
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:22 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 9:22 PM
    Im in a similar situation with sky deal soon ending. Now broadband seems to be cheapest at the moment but that deal is new customers only - Is this new to Now broadband only or does it include nowtv (who I have an account with)>
    Last edited by lowmiles; 11-04-2018 at 9:22 PM. Reason: sp
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 11th Apr 18, 10:28 PM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:28 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:28 PM
    Im in a similar situation with sky deal soon ending. Now broadband seems to be cheapest at the moment but that deal is new customers only - Is this new to Now broadband only or does it include nowtv (who I have an account with)>
    Originally posted by lowmiles
    The page says new to Now broadband.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 11th Apr 18, 10:42 PM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:42 PM
    • 11th Apr 18, 10:42 PM
    because sometimes things don't always go to plan when switching, and there could be delays

this way you cover yourself from being charged full price

leaving it till the very last minute and hoping everything goes as plan is prob not the best option

but its the posters choice so up to them if they want too or not
    Originally posted by NittyGritty
    At a risk of having to pay full price for two weeks (not a good idea if going to Virgin), you may very well save by waiting until14 days of commitment remain, as you only hear of migrations that go wrong; the majority will be fine.

If you recontract with PlusNet, they don't apply any line price increase until all prepaid is used up, but having no protection from pre pay, if you recontract with Sky, new prices apply from the time you agree and the new cost will probably be higher than a previous very good offer.

When leaving Sky, I gave the month's notice for tv(asking about possible offers on phone etc, with a poor offer as reply).Then I asked specifically with over 2 weeks left, with the same poor offer, so contacted Sky having asked the likely time for migration (10 working days, starting from Monday if contracting on a Friday) at a slight risk of 2 days at Sky's full price (petty amount) and got things right to the day.
    • NittyGritty
    • By NittyGritty 12th Apr 18, 11:41 AM
    • 955 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    NittyGritty
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:41 AM
    • 12th Apr 18, 11:41 AM
    Originally posted by lowmiles
    easy way round it is just to make a new email address with now broadband = new customer,

I have done it with my now broadband 38mb deal
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,740Posts Today

6,311Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin