Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 9th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    • 13,439Posts
    • 36,749Thanks
    redfox
    0 WOW
    Waitrose to end free single use cups
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:55 PM
    0 WOW
    Waitrose to end free single use cups 9th Apr 18 at 7:55 PM
    Waitrose to end free single use cups - the coffee will still be free but you will have take your own reusable cup in future. Brilliant move, well done Waitrose

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/futura-park-environment-mywaitrose-member-free-hot-drink-1-5469745
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1
    • Tigger1000
    • By Tigger1000 10th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Tigger1000
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 1:01 PM
    Fine - except they are also removing free coffee from the cafe, even though that's in china cups!

Not so fine, more of a convenience move.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    Winnie the Pooh
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 10th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    moonshine
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    I think it's a good idea by Waitrose in order to help with the huge plastics problem but I can't help thinking that Waitrose are going about all these recent changes in the wrong way and will just end up alienating their customers.
    • bjreeve
    • By bjreeve 10th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    bjreeve
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 8:59 PM
    I agree with what they are doing in regard to the cups but it is the implementation of all these, obviously cost-saving for them, changes that are going to drive people away. After all you don't shop at Waitrose for the low prices!

But you would have shopped there for the offers and incentives which are one by one being eroded away.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Apr 18, 1:29 AM
    • 25,631 Posts
    • 54,360 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:29 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 1:29 AM
    I don't mean to be rude, but red get merging please!

Waitrose is full of stupid gimmicks, changing tactics at the drop of a hat. Question: why doesn't it concentrated one one thing - like good quality at affordable prices - and stick to it? Answer: because then they would be just like Aldi / Lidl, and that would never do
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • redfox
    • By redfox 11th Apr 18, 6:45 AM
    • 13,439 Posts
    • 36,749 Thanks
    redfox
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:45 AM
    • 11th Apr 18, 6:45 AM
    I don't mean to be rude, but red get merging please!
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    sorry but I'm not allowed to merge threads started by MSE. They want them to stand alone but I don't understand why they didn't just use the existing one rather than start a new one
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,667Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin