Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • richw69
    • By richw69 9th Apr 18, 7:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    richw69
    Sky bill issues
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:21 PM
    Sky bill issues 9th Apr 18 at 7:21 PM
    Hi, I am having an issues with sky. After being a customer for many many years(my mum worked within the areal industry when sky first came out so we had it when it very first came out) my bill was going from 68 to 86 so called to reduce the bill. No chance they said. I decided to cancel and spoke to retention department. Had some good offers but decided to cancel. I asked how much my final bill would be and was told 56 agreed and offered to pay this and was told a bill would be sent out. I then got one for 87 which I questioned and was told to pay that then they would refund the difference. I did not pay this. Then sky cut my service and I got a bill for 77 questioned this and told it was correct and would be my final bill. Did not pay it. Then got a bill for 61.01. I have offered the original amount of 56 which they have said they will accept but there will be 5.01 outstanding.
    I have been cut off but they are saying that was due to non payment not because of the end of the cancellation period of 31 days.
    I have offered to pay 56 in full and final settlement.
    Any advice.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 9th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 891 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:31 PM
    Did you cancel your direct debit? Are or were you in contract with Sky before you cancelled?
    • richw69
    • By richw69 9th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    richw69
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:42 PM
    I cancelled the direct debit as I did not want to pay 86 after paying 68 for a long time and then having to fight to get the money back. My reasons for cancelling is I am broke even finding the 56 will be hard.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 9th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    • 3,544 Posts
    • 20,271 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:08 PM
    What do your bills say on My Sky? That should break down what exactly you are paying for. If they are correct, then the short answer is that you owe it.

• spenderdave
    • By spenderdave 10th Apr 18, 7:07 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    spenderdave
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:07 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:07 AM
    Note that when you cancel a Sky contract the bill you get for the month after the cancellation date will be a normal full bill (and in your case at the new increased price). The following month they work out what you have overpaid and send you a refund for that amount - payment directly to your bank, not via the direct debit route. Cancelling the direct debit was NOT what you should have done, you should have left it open until after you had received that refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,405Posts Today

5,060Users online

Martin's Twitter