Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • simon2018
    • By simon2018 9th Apr 18, 7:18 PM
    • 66Posts
    • 29Thanks
    simon2018
    Private and confidential papers
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:18 PM
    Private and confidential papers 9th Apr 18 at 7:18 PM
    I've been off sick from work because of my manager.

I had a sickness review last week.

My manager, she always ignored me and talks through the three other staff about 70/80% of the time
    unless I'm the only other person there.

On Friday, one of my colleagues rang me to say that the manager had sent my sickness review
    to him and he had to print it off and leave one copy in my
    'in tray,' and post the other. I have not received the sickness review as yet

The colleague that printed off the sickness review is on the same grade as I am, and not my supervisor/manager etc but a fellow work colleague.

The sickness review details my personal details and sickness diagnoses.

I feel even worse now that other people that have no right to know about my sickness details, address, Dob, etc, etc may be aware of it. The manager could have easily don it herself as she is back at work tomorrow. Even if she was not at work, the route she used to have my details printed/etc breaches my privacy/confiedentialty.

I want her sacked.

Where do I stand?

FYI - the company is a big company and has several thousand staff but I', in one of their satellite offices.

Thanks

ps - the same manager that left my personal details lying around a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by simon2018; 09-04-2018 at 7:20 PM.
Page 3
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 10th Apr 18, 10:14 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    Yes, I was angry. I wish she gets what she dishes out. If I get no joy with HR, I'll be out and have started looking for another job but won't leave before I do get another job.
    Originally posted by simon2018
    I guarantee you, no one, but no one, wakes up every day thinking "I wonder who I can mess up at work today?" Most people are too self interested and / or too busy.

Something is driving her behaviour towards you.

Can you guess what that might be?

If you don't believe this, why not ask your colleagues for some feedback? To make it more honest, ask HR to conduct an anonymous 360 feedback about your behaviours.
    Jan 18 grocery challenge 105.13/ 150
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 11th Apr 18, 1:23 AM
    • 1,485 Posts
    • 1,128 Thanks
    Manxman in exile

I have worked all of my life...

Been thinking today and had help from dad to write up a concise complaint with times and dates...

If she was a bloke, I would have smashed her face by now. In all my years I've never hit anyone first, and walked away from a fight, but I am a very capable bloke as Judo is my sport.
    Originally posted by simon2018

How old are you? You've worked all your life but you are still relying on mum and dad?

I thought the whole point of being a judoka was to practise self-discipline and self control - not being a "capable" bloke who wants to smash work colleagues in the face, which misses the whole point of doing judo in the first place.

If we'd had any inkling of such thoughts from an employee they'd have been out the door immediately. And in the NHS they don't sack people lightly. (The nearest I can remember was when somebody threatened to kill their manager!).

And for god's sake, is your manager male or female!?
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 11th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 3,631 Posts
    • 6,818 Thanks
    Smodlet
    [QUOTE=Manxman in exile;74143872]
    I thought the whole point of being a judoka was to practise self-discipline and self control - not being a "capable" bloke who wants to smash work colleagues in the face, which misses the whole point of doing judo in the first place.
    /QUOTE]

Have I not been saying this? Gosh, goodness.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    Every stew starts with the first onion.
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 11th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 10,914 Posts
    • 9,206 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    How old are you? You've worked all your life but you are still relying on mum and dad?
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile
    He's 30 and it looks as if parents are going to give him and his sisters 60,000 each.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5825482
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 11th Apr 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2,344 Posts
    • 3,880 Thanks
    k3lvc
    He's 30 and it looks as if parents are going to give him and his sisters 60,000 each.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5825482
    Originally posted by lincroft1710

PMSL - I really hope this is fantasy territory or is this representative of the next generation that've been bred
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 11th Apr 18, 4:53 PM
    • 1,485 Posts
    • 1,128 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    [QUOTE=Smodlet;74144772]
    /QUOTE]

Have I not been saying this? Gosh, goodness.
    Originally posted by Manxman in exile

Yes! You have said it before!
    • lindabea
    • By lindabea 12th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 1,004 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    lindabea
    This thread has all the ingredients for a nice Hollywood script - I think I'd call it LIFE OF HUMBLE PIE
    Before doing something... do nothing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,094Posts Today

8,986Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin