Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shelle
    • By Shelle 9th Apr 18, 6:35 PM
    • 322Posts
    • 137Thanks
    Shelle
    Combining two Cash ISAs
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:35 PM
    Combining two Cash ISAs 9th Apr 18 at 6:35 PM
    I currently have two cash ISAs, with different amounts in. (I initially opened up second ISA when I was getting very close to the institution limits but then when this was later increased I just kept the two going).

Is there any benefit to keeping both going or should I be looking to combining them somehow? One (the larger amount) is due to expire at the end of this month whilst the second ISA is due to mature in September this year. There are both on very similiar rates (1.20 and 1.30). I know that higher rates could be gained on other savings but I was always thinking to protect the tax status for (if) the rates increase.
Page 1
    • Alexland
    • By Alexland 10th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 2,460 Thanks
    Alexland
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 7:53 AM
    There is no particular benefit from combining them unless you want the reduced admin. Although I am more interested in S&S products I still have a similar policy of spreading accounts between providers to reduce my losses above the FSCS limit in the event if fraud, etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,153Users online

Martin's Twitter