Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • virendra29
    • By virendra29 9th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    virendra29
    Virendra29
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:20 PM
    Virendra29 9th Apr 18 at 6:20 PM
    Hello Mates,

Can I request you all to help me to see my score?

I had registered to experian through MSE few months before and could see my score. I have moved my house couple of months back and updated my electoral voter list & other accounts with my new address. I had a mortgage in those months & i could see those details now on clearscore.

When i updated my address in Experian (Through MSE) , I was told to login again after some time to get those changes reflected. But i am still getting following message even after two months of this message.

=========
    Sorry, but you have failed the Experian identification process. This means that Experian was unable to verify your identity from the details you provided. The information that it holds on you is very sensitive so it can't allow access unless it's sure you are who you say you are.
    Unfortunately this does happen to a small proportion of people, for a number of different reasons. Here's what to try:
    Check you entered your personal details correctly

If any of these answers are wrong, this may prevent Experian from authenticating you. In particular, watch out for the following:

• Have you entered your full name, and not a nickname (eg, Tom instead of Thomas)?
    • Is your date of birth correct?
    • Is your current address correct?
    • Have you checked previous addresses are entered correctly, and that the dates you moved in and out are accurate?
    • Have you added a full six years of address history? This is optional after the first two addresses, but the more detail you can supply, the better your chances of getting verified.
    • Are all other personal details correct?
    Use the button to go back to the registration process, where you'll be able to check the information you entered.
    =======

I see this as a common issue for people & I have cross checked my details few times as suggested in above message. I have seen people suggesting paid service (2) to get the report but is there any way to know what is really wrong & how do i fix it?

Can you please let me know if there is any way to contact experian to understand and correct this error?

Any kind of advice / direction is highly appreciated.

thanks once again
    Virendra
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 9th Apr 18, 9:25 PM
    • 3,317 Posts
    • 4,255 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:25 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:25 PM
    You shouldn't need to re-register.

You should update your address with the ER & your credit providers.
    It will filter through to your credit reports in time.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • virendra29
    • By virendra29 12th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    virendra29
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 7:47 PM
    Hi Dobbibill

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what i did. I just updated my address but then i got a message saying that it will cross check data with other sources and then changes will be reflected in few days. But now i am getting a message which i have posted above that my details are wrong. I have checked everything twice to make sure that everything is in order.

Its been more than 2 months that i am still getting same message & hence wondering if there is anyway to reach out to Experian to understand what is wrong with my credit file.

Are you aware of any contact points to understand what is missing?

thanks again
    Virendra
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 12th Apr 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3,317 Posts
    • 4,255 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:09 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 8:09 PM
    The contact details for MSE Credit Club access to Experian are here.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/faq

If you have any queries or concerns about the operation of Credit Club, you can email us at creditclub@moneysavingexpert.com
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,723Posts Today

8,320Users online

Martin's Twitter