Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Secret Lady
    • By Secret Lady 9th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    • 720Posts
    • 315Thanks
    Secret Lady
    View Item under Feedback?
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:57 PM
    View Item under Feedback? 9th Apr 18 at 5:57 PM
    When I look at peoples feedback,
    I have noticed that some feedback shows During past Month or During last 6 months with "view item" underneath.

Others do not allow you to view the item, as there is no link/view item?

Could anyone tell me why or where this is turned on or off in the sellers account?

Thank you to anyone who can help me. I have scrutinised EBay help pages and cannot find any information.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it's me"
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 9th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 12,725 Posts
    • 8,621 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    As a seller you can turn it off by ticking to making the listing private*. Just under the quantity box is an option to "Allow buyers to remain anonymous to other eBay members". If you tick that it prevents the item number being shown in feedback. It isn't as much use as it was years ago, as you could track back every person and every item. I use it 100% for every single listing as it prevents the competitors seeing (quickly at a glance) what is selling well.

*Not to be confused with making your feedback private, which is another thing entirely.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 9th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 12,725 Posts
    • 8,621 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 7:12 PM
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,698Posts Today

8,651Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin