Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TyreLever
    • By TyreLever 9th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 197Posts
    • 91Thanks
    TyreLever
    Site feedback...
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    Site feedback... 9th Apr 18 at 5:46 PM
    I find many replies on here are somewhat condescending. These may or may not break any rules, but they are unpleasant at best, and often encourage (usually me) to reply in an insulting manner, which likely does break a rule.
    This site is for people requesting advice, however benign or unintelligent that request may sound. I feel it is unreasonable to put people down for asking things that sound obvious to you, or could be googled etc. People ask because generally they would like to discuss the subject or any asnwers that may be given.

Inb4 "don't post here then". I do use other websites far more than I do this one.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
Page 1
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 9th Apr 18, 6:04 PM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    eschaton
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:04 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:04 PM
    I find many replies on here are somewhat condescending. These may or may not break any rules, but they are unpleasant at best, and often encourage (usually me) to reply in an insulting manner, which likely does break a rule.
    This site is for people requesting advice, however benign or unintelligent that request may sound. I feel it is unreasonable to put people down for asking things that sound obvious to you, or could be googled etc. People ask because generally they would like to discuss the subject or any asnwers that may be given.

Inb4 "don't post here then". I do use other websites far more than I do this one.
    Originally posted by TyreLever
    Learn to control your temper and you might get somewhere.

Calling people names won't win many friends and makes your complaint a bit ironic.
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 9th Apr 18, 6:05 PM
    • 22,988 Posts
    • 57,639 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:05 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:05 PM
    Thank you for your opinion.
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • TyreLever
    • By TyreLever 9th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    TyreLever
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:17 PM
    Learn to control your temper and you might get somewhere.

Calling people names won't win many friends and makes your complaint a bit ironic.
    Originally posted by eschaton
    I suppose it does. Rightly or wrongly, I will return more than I get.

What is perhaps most ironic is that I love offensive humour. If something is clearly said in jest then practially anything goes, and I will laugh it off. Stuff on here is usually serious tho.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

1,189Users online

Martin's Twitter