Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • StarLeaf
    • By StarLeaf 9th Apr 18, 5:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    StarLeaf
    Fitness Trackers
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:17 PM
    Fitness Trackers 9th Apr 18 at 5:17 PM
    I hope this is the right place to post this - I'm looking in to buying a Fitbit or something similar, but I'd like opinions before I jump in and spend my cash. I don't want to spend loads so I'm not looking for a watch, but I would like one that tracks heartbeats, if possible.

I know Fitbits have good (ish?) reviews, but there are a lot of cheaper alternatives. Can anyone suggest any specifically? Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 9th Apr 18, 5:34 PM
    • 1,311 Posts
    • 905 Thanks
    dunroving
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:34 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:34 PM
    I really like my Garmin Vivoactive HR, though it cost the best part of 200.

I had a Garmin Vivosmart HR before that, and liked it also. That's less than 100. I like the Garmins, especially their software.
    (Nearly) dunroving
    • StarLeaf
    • By StarLeaf 9th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    StarLeaf
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 5:53 PM
    The Vivosmart is roughly about 60 which doesn't seem to bad - would you recommend it?
    • telemarks
    • By telemarks 9th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    telemarks
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    Most popular fitness tracker ...
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:16 PM
    We are big fans of the most popular fitness tracker in the world, that no one has heard of. Its VERY popular in China ...

We have three Xiaomi Mi Band 2 in the family, it does most of the usual fitbit stuff, heart rate, sleep, steps, notifications etc, but the has two great advantages.
    • The tracking module can be easily swapped out, and there are many, many replacement straps on eBay of any colour or design you like for 99p+
    • The Band2 retails at 30, but is easy to buy around 20 (one of mine was 8)

The Xiaomi app, does the job but is a little basic, however there is a cheap third party app (Mi Band Notify) that has many, many options.

Have a look at reviews like - https://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker
    Bear in mind that the Mi Band2 has been out a while and improved over time. I find my Mi Band2 as accuate for steps as my (vastly more expensive) Microsoft Band2, and I've never had any Chinese appear in the last 18 months
    • Kaybenson
    • By Kaybenson 10th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Kaybenson
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    • 10th Apr 18, 2:15 PM
    I bought my one for 20 from Groupon. It is made by Apachie

So far so good.

A colleague of mine have been using it for 1 year with no problem.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,482Users online

Martin's Twitter