Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zaax
    • By zaax 9th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 1,813Posts
    • 717Thanks
    zaax
    Phopne not working correctly on delivery
    • 9th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    Phopne not working correctly on delivery 9th Apr 18 at 3:44 PM
    I bought a phone from Laptops direct and I also brought their extra 12 months insurance which tops up the insurance from the free 3 months to 12. The phone did not make or receive calls I returned it, but they only refund the cost of the phone; not delivery or their insurance.

Should they refund the unused insurance?
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
Page 1
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 9th Apr 18, 3:54 PM
    • 4,261 Posts
    • 4,303 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 9th Apr 18, 3:54 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 3:54 PM
    Insurance is usually subject to a cooling off period, so you should be able to cancel that. However it may be separate to the phone purchase (i.e. a separate contract).

Regarding the phone - how did you interact with the supplier? (They may be using their returns policy rather than your statutory rights per the Consumer Rights Act 2015 / Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,851Users online

Martin's Twitter