Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mummy bee
    • By mummy bee 9th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 7Thanks
    mummy bee
    CEL Claim form defend help
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:26 PM
    CEL Claim form defend help 9th Apr 18 at 1:26 PM
    Hi all,
    I have received a Claim form for dropping off and picking up an elderly friend in a gated estate area. After receiving the PCN I wrote a letter to the company to explain the situation, but it has been refused. We do give a lift often to this old lady who suffers from Alzheimers, cancer and severe dementia and never had problem entering the site. This time we spent 19 minutes waiting for her as we could not reach her and was worried about her well being. We got the PCN with pictures of entering and leaving the site, but actually we did not park there as we have been waiting in the car. I have responded to the claim online and now I need to write my defence but I am lost especially as I do not fully understand these legal words( as English is not my first language). Can somebody guide me please what points to include and how can I include the real reason I have been in the site. Thanks for any help!
Page 2
    • mummy bee
    • By mummy bee 13th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mummy bee
    Thanks for reply! I have received a letter through post today.
    • mummy bee
    • By mummy bee 4th Oct 18, 1:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    mummy bee
    Update on my case: I had the court hearing today. CEL was going through the whole process in my case even got somebody representing the company on court hearing. The Judge dismissed the case as Cel has not provided the contract with the landowner before the hearing. I did not had to say a word! It is good to get to the end of this.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 4th Oct 18, 2:58 PM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Good going!
    Did you get your costs as well?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 18, 3:12 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,651 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Update on my case: I had the court hearing today. CEL was going through the whole process in my case even got somebody representing the company on court hearing.

The Judge dismissed the case as Cel has not provided the contract with the landowner before the hearing.

I did not had to say a word! It is good to get to the end of this.
    Originally posted by mummy bee
    Yay, another one bites the dust!

Tell us more:

- which court, which Judge

- how did you feel, nervous?

- what was their rep's face like when they lost?!

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 5th Oct 18, 6:59 AM
    • 3,559 Posts
    • 5,926 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Note that CEL are going all the way on some of these [MSE defences?] but not others. And paying for a legal rep. Changing their game again.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Oct 18, 10:34 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,651 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And still not winning!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,820Posts Today

9,417Users online

Martin's Twitter