Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • atomlins
    • By atomlins 9th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    atomlins
    Excel Parking - Notice of Intended court proceedings
    • 9th Apr 18, 1:21 PM
    Excel Parking - Notice of Intended court proceedings 9th Apr 18 at 1:21 PM
    I have just received a notice of intended court proceedings unless I pay a parking fine which is now 70. I had already paid for a ticket at this car park in swansea. I then went to pick my son up and then returned as I was staying in a hotel. The car park was completely full. But I found 1 space, which was awkward to park in as it did not allow me access to get my son out of his car seat. I parked within the lines, which were very faint, and had to park a little from the bollards otherwise I could not get my son out. I was careful to make sure I was parking legally. I returned approximately an hour later with my luggage and my little boy (22 months) with a bit of a struggle. The attendant saw me struggling. I had to make a 2nd journey and also check out. Returned, managed to get my son in the car safely with great difficulty. Then left. I noticed on the motorway that there was a ticket snuck under my bonnet almost. I contacted excel and made an appeal, and they informed me I had to do this through IAS, which I now understand is not completely transparent. I also felt that discriminated against as there was no parking whatsoever for families or disabled, making it very difficult as they try and squeeze in as many spaces as possible, and there was no other car parks.

I returned a week later and took some pictures. I then noticed that the bollards which were approximately 2ft had a tiny little disc on them, about the size of a 50p coin. A little no parking sign, there is no way anyone can possibly see them! I was quite frankly disgusted. I also took a picture of these 'no parking' spaces, which had other vehicles parked there, including a VCS van, which was also taking up 2 of the spaces. I could not believe that I lost the appeal, there is no way I should have lost it. I am still very scepticle now after Ive read a little more about excel and VCS and the IAS. I have received a court notice now which I have to pay by April 17th.

Is this legitimate? They did say that the only way I can challenge their decision is to get a solicitor. Please could someone give me some suitable advice on what to do?

I would be very greatful.

AdrianT
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 18,096 Posts
    • 22,879 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:03 PM
    if this looks like an LBC then reply acordingly

if it fails the new LBC protocols then reply and say so, denying the alleged debt

do not bother hiring a solicitor, it is not economic

read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum

if you have received a "court notice" from Northampton CCBC then its a live court claim so follow the advice for an MCOL in that same post

if it is NOT a "court notice", then do not call it that
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 7,143 Posts
    • 6,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:18 PM
    They did say that the only way I can challenge their decision is to get a solicitor.
    Originally posted by atomlins
    Did they really say that?

I have received a court notice now which I have to pay by April 17th.
    You need to be a bit more precise with your terminology.
    Have you perhaps received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton?
    Does the 'notice' really say you have to pay?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 57,318 Posts
    • 70,923 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    They did say that the only way I can challenge their decision is to get a solicitor.
    Who said that and where? In writing? Or did they just 'recommend that you take legal advice' which is NOT the same thing.

What did you find on other threads, when you searched the forum for:

notice of intended court proceedings Excel

Seeing as we see lots of letters exactly like yours, and this has been done to death already in terms of advice on how to respond. Please come off this thread and read others like it, do the search.

You do NOT need a solicitor, even if they file a claim, it is honestly not a big deal. Scam soon over!

We see well-prepped people here win 99% of the time, ordinary people like you, win.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• atomlins
    • By atomlins 13th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    atomlins
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:23 PM
    Northampton? Nothing on this notice with regards to Northampton. It is a letter from EXcel parking, notice of intended court proceedings.They are asking me to pay for an outstanding amount as my appeal through IAS (very sceptical about this!) was unsuccessful and that the county court will come to similar conclusion. It says "if we are successful in obtaining a county court Judgement against me".

This is a letter from Excel, not a county court. The date for payment is April 17th, few days left. What do I do? I don't know where I stand as I still feel that I should have won the appeal considering that their signage was completely inappropriate and should certainly be more obvious.
    • atomlins
    • By atomlins 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    atomlins
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:34 PM
    I never called it a court notice. I have clearly typed 'notice of intended court proceedings'. I cannot see this newbie thread at all. Can you point me in thew right direction?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 18,096 Posts
    • 22,879 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    you stand in the PAY UP IN FULL category , or you stand in the I AM NOT PAYING THIS SO TAKE ME TO COURT category

at the moment you are in the latter , so treat it as an LBC from Excel and reply accordingly (see post #2) of the NEWBIES FAQ stticky thread

if this does go to a court case (within 6 years) , the initial contact is a postal claim (to the RK address that Excel are using) from Northampton CCBC , then later on it is transferred to your local county court once a court and judge have been allocated

post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread also deals with this stage too

that thread is the third thread down from the top of this forum, use a laptop and not a phone to see it and read and digest it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 7,143 Posts
    • 6,599 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:42 PM
    I never called it a court notice. I have clearly typed 'notice of intended court proceedings'.
    Yes you did.

I clearly quoted from your opening post where you said:
    I have received a court notice now which I have to pay by April 17th.
    Last edited by KeithP; 13-04-2018 at 4:44 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 57,318 Posts
    • 70,923 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 4:47 PM
    You haven't answered, nor (it seems) done the search I suggested the other day:
    Who said that and where? In writing? Or did they just 'recommend that you take legal advice' which is NOT the same thing.

What did you find on other threads, when you searched the forum for:

notice of intended court proceedings Excel

Seeing as we see lots of letters exactly like yours, and this has been done to death already in terms of advice on how to respond. Please come off this thread and read others like it, do the search.
    I repeat:

Please come off this thread and read others like it, do the search.

I never called it a court notice. I have clearly typed 'notice of intended court proceedings'. I cannot see this newbie thread at all. Can you point me in thew right direction?
    My signature already does, you just haven't read it. Look below this line.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,755Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin