Robinson Way put another default on my credit file? Please advise

Hi all,

Long story short, I owed Barclays £834 and they defaulted me on 14/08/2015, Robinson Way/Hoist Portfolio then bought this debt and Barclays put the default balance to £0 and Hoist then put another default on my credit file with the default date of 31/10/2015

Is there anything I can do about this? It's now changed to two defaults instead of 1, and the purchased debt has a default date which is later than the original debt?

Unsure what to do, but pretty annoyed about it regardless. I'm now paying the debt in full to Hoist but peeved that it's now became two defaults with different dates, for the same debt...

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    edited 9 April 2018 at 10:51AM
    Hi,

No it has not changed to two defaults, its the same default recorded by both companies.

Barclays shows a balance of zero as they have sold the debt to Robinson way, they now take over reporting of the account as the new creditor, the second date maybe the date Robinson Way/Hoist bought the debt, that would be all correct and in line with regulations.

The debt will still drop off your file 6 years from the original default date.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

No it has not changed to two defaults, its the same default recorded by both companies.

Barclays shows a balance of zero as they have sold the debt to Robinson way, they now take over reporting of the account as the new creditor, the second date is the date Robinson Way/Hoist bought the debt, all correct and in line with regulations.

The debt will still drop off your file 6 years from the original default date.

Even if to the two defaulted dates are a few months apart? As long as they're both removed on the same date, I'm happy.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    vq12 wrote: »
    Even if to the two defaulted dates are a few months apart? As long as they're both removed on the same date, I'm happy.

If you remain unhappy send a complaint to Hoist and ask them to clarify the situation for you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi vq12

It is correct that Robinson Way/Hoist Portfolio can register a default under their own details after purchasing the debt, but it has to be the same date that Barclays used. That means you can make a complaint to Robinson Way/ Hoist Portfolio and ask them to change the date of their default to the one Barclays used.

If they don't agree to this make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Officer (ICO) www.ico.org.uk and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) www.fos.org.uk. I hope you can get it all sorted out quickly.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for much for the response, I will certainly write to them and let them know the dates of default are incorrect.

Hopefully they will sort it without a complaint, thanks for confirming!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure