Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    vq12
    Robinson Way put another default on my credit file? Please advise
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:58 AM
    Robinson Way put another default on my credit file? Please advise 9th Apr 18 at 9:58 AM
    Hi all,

Long story short, I owed Barclays 834 and they defaulted me on 14/08/2015, Robinson Way/Hoist Portfolio then bought this debt and Barclays put the default balance to 0 and Hoist then put another default on my credit file with the default date of 31/10/2015

Is there anything I can do about this? It's now changed to two defaults instead of 1, and the purchased debt has a default date which is later than the original debt?

Unsure what to do, but pretty annoyed about it regardless. I'm now paying the debt in full to Hoist but peeved that it's now became two defaults with different dates, for the same debt...
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    • 13,702 Posts
    • 13,037 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:04 AM
    Hi,

No it has not changed to two defaults, its the same default recorded by both companies.

Barclays shows a balance of zero as they have sold the debt to Robinson way, they now take over reporting of the account as the new creditor, the second date maybe the date Robinson Way/Hoist bought the debt, that would be all correct and in line with regulations.

The debt will still drop off your file 6 years from the original default date.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 09-04-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
  • vq12
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    Hi,

No it has not changed to two defaults, its the same default recorded by both companies.

Barclays shows a balance of zero as they have sold the debt to Robinson way, they now take over reporting of the account as the new creditor, the second date is the date Robinson Way/Hoist bought the debt, all correct and in line with regulations.

The debt will still drop off your file 6 years from the original default date.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    Even if to the two defaulted dates are a few months apart? As long as they're both removed on the same date, I'm happy.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 13,702 Posts
    • 13,037 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    Even if to the two defaulted dates are a few months apart? As long as they're both removed on the same date, I'm happy.
    Originally posted by vq12
    If you remain unhappy send a complaint to Hoist and ask them to clarify the situation for you.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
  • National Debtline
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:48 AM
    • 9th Apr 18, 11:48 AM
    Hi vq12

It is correct that Robinson Way/Hoist Portfolio can register a default under their own details after purchasing the debt, but it has to be the same date that Barclays used. That means you can make a complaint to Robinson Way/ Hoist Portfolio and ask them to change the date of their default to the one Barclays used.

If they don't agree to this make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Officer (ICO) www.ico.org.uk and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) www.fos.org.uk. I hope you can get it all sorted out quickly.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • vq12
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:01 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 10:01 AM
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for much for the response, I will certainly write to them and let them know the dates of default are incorrect.

Hopefully they will sort it without a complaint, thanks for confirming!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,206Posts Today

6,301Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin