Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 9th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    • 1,785Posts
    • 1,648Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Dash Cam wonít turn off
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:57 AM
    Dash Cam wonít turn off 9th Apr 18 at 9:57 AM
    Iíve got a Nextbase 412gw and itís hardwired in. When I turn the car off, it stays on. I donít know exactly how long for but itís over an hour at least. I thought it would go into stand-by mode quickly but it doesnít. I rang the customer support and was told not to worry be there is built-in battery protection but Iím not sure I want to rely on that. I donít drive a lot of miles so the battery wouldnít get very long to charge up. Also during freezing winter temperatures I donít think itís a good idea to let this drain the battery further.

I tried turning on parking mode but it still doesnít turn off. Also, the screen doesnít automatically go blank after a few minutes like the manual says it should.
Page 2
    • ripplyuk
    • By ripplyuk 11th Apr 18, 12:13 PM
    • 1,785 Posts
    • 1,648 Thanks
    ripplyuk
    Why did you not get Halfords to fit?
    Originally posted by missile
    Because when I asked about it, the guy said Ďyeah, Iíll have a goí which didnít make me feel very confident in him. He also looked about 16yo. HPC are contracted by Halfords as well as other companies so I felt they would be more experienced.

Nextbase have told me that in some cars, the engineer has no choice but to wire it in a certain way so maybe thatís all he could do.

Is yours on all the time or does it switch off after a couple of hours?
    Originally posted by Korkyb
    It normally has turned off a couple of hours later but sometimes it stays on permanently. I donít know why and the randomness of that doesnít seem right either.
    • Nodding Donkey
    • By Nodding Donkey 11th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 2,623 Posts
    • 2,213 Thanks
    Nodding Donkey
    If the installer took the live feed from the cigarette lighter (which is usually a favourite choice) then on some cars the cigarette lighter will stay live after the ignition is switched off for a set time if there is something plugged into it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,474Users online

Martin's Twitter